• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long range shooter question

As CMSHOOT Said. Go to 175s, the 168s will disappoint at longer ranges. I suggest a good rear bag. Is your scope mount a 20MOA? If not, you may run out of elevation on your dial. The Harris 6-9 swivel bipod is great.

As CMSHOOT Said. Go to 175s, the 168s will disappoint at longer ranges. I suggest a good rear bag. Is your scope mount a 20MOA? If not, you may run out of elevation on your dial. The Harris 6-9 swivel bipod is great.

Another vote for the 20MOA base. For an AR10, the 20MOA Unimount would be preferable to a set of rings.

Which Nightforce scope did you get?

SHV 5x20x56 Moar with nF rings. Scope on a different rifle.

Attachments

• 55EFC865-AFD9-41EF-B285-89C139968D30.jpeg
    55EFC865-AFD9-41EF-B285-89C139968D30.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 19
SHV 5x20x56 Moar with nF rings. Scope on a different rifle.

If I had that scope and your rifle, I would swap the rings for a Nightforce 20MOA Unimount. I may actually have one in the shop, but I won’t be home until tomorrow evening to check.

Whether you pick a mount up from me, or elsewhere, I’m happy to help you get everything mounted up, leveled, and torqued to spec. I’m not far away in Dallas.

The Nightforce is better but I recently bought a WARNE 20 MOA "unimount" for my 6.5 Grendel - you can find it cheaper. I ran out of elevation at long range with 0 MOA mount.

Shep is the man for long range!

1st thing almost every long range shooter in Ga. do is go to Gun Site Hills Rifle Range and work with the Chief.
He will get you going in the right direction with rifle set-up.. scope alignment.. use of a level
Set-up On your rifle,fundamentals of shooting and breathing.. tell him Wiley Coyote sent you... Don't be late for the safety briefing.... :-) :-)
http://gunsitehills.com/

I told chief you said hello. And in his vast vocabulary of the English swearing he said hello back. :lalala:

Back
Top Bottom