• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long range shooters?

If you have a buddy who shoots on the APA team, you should be in good hands. Jered, Brandon and the rest of the guys are top notch shooters. My Wind reading instructor is also on team APA.
The RPR is an excellent starter rifle, Ive next to a several of them last year at matches.

Welcome to the addiction.
Brandon is who I'm talking about! I've known him since middle school. I'm excited to learn, I have lots of questions though!

I think shooting 600 yards up at Riverbend Gun Club is a great experience.
Instead of walking from the firing line to the target area (pits), you get in your car and DRIVE.
And at matches, you don't check and paste your own targets-- other shooters do a tour of duty in the pits, sitting in a bunker right below the targets, looking up at them, pulling them down and marking them after each shot or string of shots, and then you get to do this for other shooters for a couple hours.

I've never shot over 600.
600 is challenging enough, but also not so critical about equipment or caliber.
A regular AR-15 rifle with a 20" barrel, iron sights, and 55 grain flat-base bullets can put 'em all in the target at 600 yards (though not all in the X, 10, or 9 rings!). Your .30-06 deer rifle can do the same.

Look into some of the 1-day PRS matches around in GA, AL, TN and FL. You'll get addicted quickly.

I've got about 8-10 PRS matches on the schedule plus another 4-5 gas gun matches. Can't get enough long range shooting.

I think shooting 600 yards up at Riverbend Gun Club is a great experience.
Instead of walking from the firing line to the target area (pits), you get in your car and DRIVE.
And at matches, you don't check and paste your own targets-- other shooters do a tour of duty in the pits, sitting in a bunker right below the targets, looking up at them, pulling them down and marking them after each shot or string of shots, and then you get to do this for other shooters for a couple hours.

I've never shot over 600.
600 is challenging enough, but also not so critical about equipment or caliber.
A regular AR-15 rifle with a 20" barrel, iron sights, and 55 grain flat-base bullets can put 'em all in the target at 600 yards (though not all in the X, 10, or 9 rings!). Your .30-06 deer rifle can do the same.
I hear ya. 600 is as far as i have ever shot a rifle. I will do it again at the CMP range Jan 21.

I run numerous Precision Rifle courses, and host shoots.

I have a 2-day Basic Precision Rifle course on Jan 21-22 in Lauren's SC. Everyone shoots to a minimum of 1,000 yards, and the steel targets go out to 1,500 yards.

My next Basic Precision Rifle course after that will be April 15-16 in Pelham TN.

Are those set dates for April?

I really wanted to go this month but Christmas and a birthday have my pockets a little light.

Back
Top Bottom