• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long Range shooting at Arena in Blakely GA

Ok, lets open this for 30 people, that way the cost will be lower and if someone only wants to shoot 1 day it will be possible and not affect the rest of the group. There was also a request to rent the 1000yd KDR, this will require teams where some are working in the pit while others are shooting but great for long range grouping etc. I will get in contact with the groups jaybb jaybb mentioned and get the numbers up. The vent should be scheduled hopefully today on the website to book onsite accommodation, I will confirm when its up. I will send the roster to those who responded with their email addresses.

Looking forward to shooting with you all

Nice. Good news!!

Ok, lets open this for 30 people, that way the cost will be lower and if someone only wants to shoot 1 day it will be possible and not affect the rest of the group. There was also a request to rent the 1000yd KDR, this will require teams where some are working in the pit while others are shooting but great for long range grouping etc. I will get in contact with the groups jaybb jaybb mentioned and get the numbers up. The vent should be scheduled hopefully today on the website to book onsite accommodation, I will confirm when its up. I will send the roster to those who responded with their email addresses.

Looking forward to shooting with you all

Good Afternoon all,

The event is now under my name on the Arena website for the weekend of June 18 & 19, the RSVP for the cabins is for the 17th and 18th , so it you want to rent a cabin on campus please book the cabin or campsite on their site follow the instructions and pay the reservation fees which will be $129, there is a limited number of sites available so please book this at your earliest convenience. I am also confirming with a group from Alabama that shoots there regularly on how many people they are bringing. (lots of experienced spotters)

cmshoot cmshoot you said that you will be able to bring more shooters please et me know how many you want to add. They can contact me via email at gertvr@protonmail.com or just respond on the forum or you can send me their details via email.

I am ready to start receiving the range fees. We currently have 13 people confirmed and there will be more joining but I don't know exactly how may will end up going. To start off with, please send me $170 for the range fees ($2200/13) and if you are renting a cabin add $129 as I have to pay the balance of the cabins when I pay the range fees. I will issue refunds after the event if the range fees turn out to be less per person If more people end up joining, but for now I have to cover the range with between the folks that indicated they want to go. Again the overall range fees for the 2300m UDR is 2200 for the weekend and the cabins are 120/night and can sleep 2 people.

Please pay with
paypal Friends and family: gvanrooyen@irokoproperties.com or,
CashApp $IrokoProperties or,

I can send you an invoice from quickbooks that you can pay online (please let me know if you prefer this option)

I have been requested to negotiate with Eddie to open the range on Friday afternoon already for folks that will be arriving earlier on Friday to start shooting when they get there. I will confirm once I hear back

Please start sending me your range fees and cabin rentals.

Looking forward to meeting and shooting with you all
Gert

I’m not going to be able to make it.

I just cancelled my reservation at the Days Inn Blakely, so there should be a room with 2 beds available if someone grabs it quick.

Good Morning Humans

After a crazy few weeks at work here is a long overdue update on the Blakely Arena weekend.

1) I got feedback on opening the range on Friday to start shooting early. They might have done this free in the past but no more we have to rent the range for another day or 1/2 day. To keep the cost down and since most people might be traveling on Friday already, 1/2 day at $489 might be an option, again depending on the number of folks this could be around $24 additional to the range gees if all commit, or some higher number depending on the number of those that are willing to do that. I don't want to commit to this extra 1/2 day yet as some might not want that option.

2) Irrespective of 1 above I need to start collecting range fees for the weekend. I have 3 so far that are paid up. Please start sending me your range fees $170 to PP F&F at gvanrooyen@irokoproperties.com or CashApp $IrokoProperties as soon as possible as we need to get this wrapped up.

3) I have 19 shooters on the roster with about 10 that are currently maybes and will send that out this evening.

4) There is a possibility for getting a lunch vendor let me know if anyone is interested in that.

5) There are still on campus bungalows available, book them directly on the Arena website and looks like each of us will settle that bill when we sign in there for the weekend.

6) There are some experienced ELR competition shooters that will be joining as well, which is very good for noobs to this like myself.

7) There was a suggestion from one of the participants for a fundraiser for fallen snipers: " If interested in having a fundraiser for fallen sniper fund there is a game we play at a mile with a target and toss in money for x number of attempts and hits earns you a patch. The liberty bell is a mile fun target shoot and Shawn that runs that holds multiple fundraiser mile events every year. He is likely up for it and it adds a target if it acceptable with you."

Most important please send me you range fees, let me know about lunch and if you want to participate in the above fundraiser.

Rgrds
Gert

Back
Top Bottom