• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long Range shooting at Arena in Blakely GA

How do you like it? I doubt it'll spot well after 1,200 yards.
It's fine up to 1,000. I can see hits on steel at 650 yards easily. Mirage can be an issue of course. Splashes in dirt are visible to 1,200 (I was shooting a .308). I can see .223 holes in paper at 200 yards. They're most useful for reading wind past 200 and you can easily see shot spots at 600 during High Power matches.

palmettomoon palmettomoon you mentioned the tower cams for spotting. How far out are they useful/start to be not useful?
The cameras are aimed at the mile and 2,200 + yards targets. I was shooting a .308 so I didn't pay that much attention to them. I stopped after hitting steel at 1,227 yards, LOL. That was pushing it for 308 WIN.

The cameras are aimed at the mile and 2,200 + yards targets. I was shooting a .308 so I didn't pay that much attention to them. I stopped after hitting steel at 1,227 yards, LOL. That was pushing it for 308 WIN.

Yeah that’s amazing for the ole .308 win. Especially since the accepted school of thought is 800 yards.

Yeah that’s amazing for the ole .308 win. Especially since the accepted school of thought is 800 yards.
It can be done with careful handloading of 175 grain SMKs, a 26" barrel Rem 700 build (not going to say what I spent building it), good ballistic data and proned bipod. I had excellent weather conditions too until late afternoon when we got a downpour.

It can be done with careful handloading of 175 grain SMKs, a 26" barrel Rem 700 build (not going to say what I spent building it), good ballistic data and proned bipod. I had excellent weather conditions too until late afternoon when we got a downpour.

I believe it. I had a 700 SPS with a bedded HS stock, jewel trigger, and 20 inch barrel and 1000 yards was pretty easy for it with 180 SMKs. I know F class guys shoot the 155s pretty well at those extended distances.

We used to run factory Black Hills 175grn .308 to 1450yds on an 18” gong. She’s capable.

Back
Top Bottom