• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long Range shooting at Arena in Blakely GA

Good Afternoon All,

Here is the latest and hopefully the final. I have some good news and some bad news, the good news is that the Military chose a different weekend and we are confirmed for June 18th and 19th, checking on the on site accommodation, the bad news is that the folks that were happy about the July option are back to square one.
looking forward to meeting everyone

I would prefer direct to The Arena, one less thing to manage. I will confirm with them
i would suggest you ask SHOOTERS to Zelle,Cash App ,etc you the fees.. Shooters should pay you. Make a list of committed names of shooters and shooters pay the range fee by dividing up by the number of shooters.. If you allow Shooters to pay individually on range day you are setting yourself up to pay alot because The Arena is going to send YOU an Invoice prior to arrival via Email. You have my number feel free to text or call me and i will tell you how i have been successful doing it in the past...

Gert, I’m happy to assist with getting the firm count and tracking everything through excel or something. Personally I think you should require payment by May 1st or something so that everything is smooth sailing going into the trip. That would also give you time to replace people who back out.

Just PM me if you want assistance.

Thanks for the inputs and offers to help I really appreciate it. I have not really given it much thought and didn't want to deal with the money side, but I think you all 's point are valid and will start setting things up to track this properly.

Here are some additional information form other folks that have been there before in the summer that might be helpful:

1) make sure they are leaving the hit indicators on the steel. When we shot down there, they didn’t have the lights up and the mirage made it difficult to see impacts further out.

2) carry a tent / sunshade or something to keep the sun off. Blakely in June is HOT. Make sure you have stakes for whatever you carry, the wind literally blew ours off the line

3) the on-site cabins are the way to go. Blakely is not much for hotels or fine dining for that matter, and there’s nothing really close by

4) the bug spray comment earlier is legit. They have gnats down there that can carry away small dogs, plus sandflies, etc

5) carry a tarp to put in front of your rifle. Lots of sand down there, I still find it under my hand guard 3 years later. There’s nothing like a face full of dirt every time you pull the trigger. The line may be sodded now but it wasn’t when I was last there.

6 And, make sure you don't eat their peanut butter products. Waffle House is their " exotic eatery".

I agree with both statements.

i would suggest you ask SHOOTERS to Zelle,Cash App ,etc you the fees.. Shooters should pay you. Make a list of committed names of shooters and shooters pay the range fee by dividing up by the number of shooters.. If you allow Shooters to pay individually on range day you are setting yourself up to pay alot because The Arena is going to send YOU an Invoice prior to arrival via Email. You have my number feel free to text or call me and i will tell you how i have been successful doing it in the past...

Gert, I’m happy to assist with getting the firm count and tracking everything through excel or something. Personally I think you should require payment by May 1st or something so that everything is smooth sailing going into the trip. That would also give you time to replace people who back out.

Just PM me if you want assistance.

I thought about securing one of those awning/tent/gazebo/etc things. Help keeping the sun off you is a gamechanger. Citronella candles/Tiki torches would be great.

Thanks for the inputs and offers to help I really appreciate it. I have not really given it much thought and didn't want to deal with the money side, but I think you all 's point are valid and will start setting things up to track this properly.

Here are some additional information form other folks that have been there before in the summer that might be helpful:

1) make sure they are leaving the hit indicators on the steel. When we shot down there, they didn’t have the lights up and the mirage made it difficult to see impacts further out.

2) carry a tent / sunshade or something to keep the sun off. Blakely in June is HOT. Make sure you have stakes for whatever you carry, the wind literally blew ours off the line

3) the on-site cabins are the way to go. Blakely is not much for hotels or fine dining for that matter, and there’s nothing really close by

4) the bug spray comment earlier is legit. They have gnats down there that can carry away small dogs, plus sandflies, etc

5) carry a tarp to put in front of your rifle. Lots of sand down there, I still find it under my hand guard 3 years later. There’s nothing like a face full of dirt every time you pull the trigger. The line may be sodded now but it wasn’t when I was last there.

6 And, make sure you don't eat their peanut butter products. Waffle House is their " exotic eatery".

Back
Top Bottom