• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long range shooting in GA

Roberts1313

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
17   0
Reaction score
So guys, I live about 45 minuets to an hour straight south of Atlanta. Looking for a place to shoot long range. Can’t find any good honest ranges that will allow us to reach out to 500+ yards. Curious if anyone can lead me in the right direction? I know south river gun club can get you to 300 yards. And I know ‘gun site hills’ can get to 700ish yards but from what I’ve seen they only really do classes and matches. That’s not really the type of place I’m looking for. Looking for a place that we can go, lay/sit and shoot, sight in, and reach out to 500+ yards. Drop recommendations preferable within reasonable distance (2ish hours) to 30233 zip code. Appreciate any help.

Griswoldville Gun Club outside of Macon has a 500 yard "range" but it can be a muddy, slick kaolin mess in wet weather. I haven't been over there in years but it was a cut lane 500 yards long with a covered shooting position.

Sounds like I should call them or email them. I looked at their site, looks like a full on private contractor training site.

Yes it is........but they hold an open to the public shoot fairly regularly. Usually about once a month, but it will vary up and down depending on how busy they are.

Back
Top Bottom