• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long range shooting near Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a gentleman that goes by "Chief" (retired mil) that owns a range between Atlanta and Athens. It was 800m last time I went. It has been a while so I don't know what the current story is. It's private and he lives there. You have to call a couple days ahead of time to set up your tee time. He will teach you if you want or he just hangs out. He does watch and he was in charge of safety whenever I went. And I'm glad he did. There is steel everywhere past 100 or so. Nice guy, great range, I just can't remember the name.

There is a gentleman that goes by "Chief" (retired mil) that owns a range between Atlanta and Athens. It was 800m last time I went. It has been a while so I don't know what the current story is. It's private and he lives there. You have to call a couple days ahead of time to set up your tee time. He will teach you if you want or he just hangs out. He does watch and he was in charge of safety whenever I went. And I'm glad he did. There is steel everywhere past 100 or so. Nice guy, great range, I just can't remember the name.

GUN SITE HILLS, you will need a profanity filter, to help keep from picking up CHIEF'S NARROW VOCABULARY, he can be great one hour, and next hour it is a volcano the next hour. Would not carry, women or children with you...

Sorry, didn't know he was bipolar. And now that I remember, it has been a while since I went. I live on the other side of ATL now.

I tell you what though, I'm just learning about the CMP range 2hrs away. That might become my goto for structured rifle firing. I got a 13 year old boy who is all about the military right now. That CMP range looks just like my old Corps range but with computers on the pit.

I can see myself making him sit out there in the sun ALL day sitting in a rifle sling eating hotdogs. There's your military experience kid. lol.

Sorry, didn't know he was bipolar. And now that I remember, it has been a while since I went. I live on the other side of ATL now.

I tell you what though, I'm just learning about the CMP range 2hrs away. That might become my goto for structured rifle firing. I got a 13 year old boy who is all about the military right now. That CMP range looks just like my old Corps range but with computers on the pit.

I can see myself making him sit out there in the sun ALL day sitting in a rifle sling eating hotdogs. There's your military experience kid. lol.
Sorry, no sun. Covered line area.

GUN SITE HILLS, you will need a profanity filter, to help keep from picking up CHIEF'S NARROW VOCABULARY, he can be great one hour, and next hour it is a volcano the next hour. Would not carry, women or children with you...

Agree with most of your description, but he controls himself real well around women and children. Especially children. He loves getting young ones into the gun world and will damn near break his back to teach and make sure they have a great time. I have seen him on multiple occasions go get a handful of his custom rifles, a lot of ammo, and bring them down for them to shoot and learn on.

I think alleycat alleycat own stock in the place... I'm sure he can attest to what bear44 is saying..

Lol.....guilty as charged.

It's so nice it will spoil you. Can't say enough great things about the CMP Marksmanship park.

http://thecmp.org/competitions/talladega-marksmanship-park/

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom