Status
Not open for further replies.

dixieammo

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
47   0
Reaction score
Well be kicking around the idea of letting people come shoot.Have lanes that are 100,300,500,1000 yards
20160320_121422.jpg
20160410_102216.jpg
and working on one at 1492 yds and some change.Just curious if anyone has any interest and what would people think its worth paying ?

I am. I have a Ruger Precision Rifle .308 that I've pushed out to 600 yards (at CMP talladega) and I want to go to 1000 yards eventually just as a personal feat kinda thing. Is this your own private land or is this a hunting/shooting club?

• How much is admission?
  • Is it available to the public or it a private range only?
  • What city is it near?
  • Are there caliber restrictions?
  • Have you considered doing a LRSU (on You Tube) kinda thing where you do the 1000 yard milk jug challenge?
  • Do I need an ATV to get to the range?
So on and so forth. Yes I would be interested. 1492 yards? Think about this: You would be perhaps the only range in GA that goes out that far. That's a lot of attention from the long range guys in GA, which in turn means of a lot of income on your end (assuming you would open it to them and charge them for it)

CMP goes to 600 and I think charges $35 for all day.

Not sure what Gunsite Hills charges. Never been.

Would this be rifle only or would you also do pistol lanes?

It's a good idea, but you open up a whole can of worms when you start charging people to come shoot. If something bad did happen to someone you charged to shoot on your property, I doubt your insurance would cover it unless you were paying as the relevant business. You'd probably have a bunch of regulations that would cover ranges and lead issues if you wanted to sell later. Probably better off only letting vetted friends come shoot for fun and only accept the kind of gifts friends would give each other. Maybe you and your extended friends could join labor and money to get the land cleared for access, but I would be nervous of anything that smacks of a range fee.

That said I'd love to get out that far. I've been to CMP and shot out to 700 yards at a hunting club. 1000+ would be a treat and a hard to find opportunity anywhere local.

Chief has a form you sign yearly that you won't hold him accountable for injuries and blah blah blah. It's worked for him for years.

He charged $20 for 4 hours (or all day if the range was empty.) I'd go there more but its 1.5 hours from me. Hoschton/Braselton/Winder is kind of close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom