• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long range shooting?

Amwat

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
65   0
Reaction score
So I've been looking for a long time now on somewhere to go out and shoot my bolt action rifles, but I honestly cant find anywhere that has a decently long ange or good public land for it. Does anyone know of any?

This has been discussed to death, every few months. Consider doing a search...

But Anniston CMP and Gunsite Hills in Lexington are the obvious answers, for open-to-the-public long ranges. There's the place in Tennessee, also. (Search.) Nothing else public over 200/300 yards in north (or middle) GA.

Riverbend's close to you but not open to the public. They have a 600 yard match day periodically; you can probably do what you need at that too.

For 1000 yards or longer, you are SOL within a four hour drive. Until Chief finishes pushing his range up the hill, which will happen eventually at Gunsite Hills.

I teach classes on the 1,000 yard range at Elk River Training Center in Pelham TN. You can also purchase a membership and shoot there on your own. Steel argets are every 100 yards, starting at 100 yards.

I also teach courses on the 2,500 yard range at Arena Training Facility in Blakely GA. They aren’t truly open to the public, but they hold open shoots on that range every month or so. Steel targets start at 100 yards and are set at random distances.

Just to let y’all know, my buddy and I have been contacted by a guy who owns a large acreage in the Dalton area. He wants to build a 1,000 yard range, pistol bays, multiple shorter rifle ranges, shoothouse, etc. It wouldn’t be a public range, but used for classes, comps, and open shoots. I’ve also talked to a company that wants to build something similar in Paulding County.

Back
Top Bottom