• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

long range shooting

slatkifrajer

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone posted about long range shooting, but I got few questions...
1) who can teach me long range shooting ?
2? do we have range that is 600+ yards?
3? gun and equipment I should buy that will not make me go homeless so to speak ?

I don't know if anyone posted about long range shooting, but I got few questions...
1) who can teach me long range shooting ?
2? do we have range that is 600+ yards?
3? gun and equipment I should buy that will not make me go homeless so to speak ?

I just attended a known distance Appleseed weekend long at cmp out to 600 yards complete with class on inches, minutes and clicks (moa and mildot discussion) and adjusting for wind. Also finished the weekend on the unknown distance range with class on target detection and range estimation using only your optic or iron sight. Appleseed events run $60 + range fees (not much usually under 100 for weekend total). Knowledgeable instructors and a great time all around. Might be a great way to cut your teeth on distance shooting and polishing your fundamentals for those 1000 yrd ranges. Just look up Appleseed Project. Good to have all those kinks worked out before you start dropping heavier coin on more specific training so you get the most out of your money.

Thanks, y’all!

slatkifrajer slatkifrajer I own/operate a firearms training school called Precision Applications, LLC. We do a bit of everything, but built the school around Sniper/Precision Rifle training.

I have courses in the Aragon GA area that go out to 400yds, with the option to continue the training in Pelham TN or Blakely GA and go out to 1,000yds +. I also teach complete courses in Pelham TN and Blakely GA where we go from 100 - 1,000yds in a weekend.

My next scheduled class is a 2-day Basic Precision Rifle Course in Pelham TN on March 14-15, but it’s often possible to schedule additional courses. https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...n-rifle-course-march-14-15-pelham-tn.1963373/

You’re getting into this at the right time. Hordes of affordable rifles and optics on the market that will get you to 1,000 yards without selling a kidney. What’s your budget for a complete system?

Back
Top Bottom