• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

long range shooting

Thanks, y’all!

slatkifrajer slatkifrajer I own/operate a firearms training school called Precision Applications, LLC. We do a bit of everything, but built the school around Sniper/Precision Rifle training.

I have courses in the Aragon GA area that go out to 400yds, with the option to continue the training in Pelham TN or Blakely GA and go out to 1,000yds +. I also teach complete courses in Pelham TN and Blakely GA where we go from 100 - 1,000yds in a weekend.

My next scheduled class is a 2-day Basic Precision Rifle Course in Pelham TN on March 14-15, but it’s often possible to schedule additional courses. https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...n-rifle-course-march-14-15-pelham-tn.1963373/

You’re getting into this at the right time. Hordes of affordable rifles and optics on the market that will get you to 1,000 yards without selling a kidney. What’s your budget for a complete system?

I am beginner... I would need someone to help me with research on gun and optics.. I think my budget for gun and optics would be up to $2100.. hopefully that would get me nice decent system... I used to hunt , but that was all up to 100 yards or less most of the time ... I really have no idea about long range shooting (i will not bs you with things I have learned by searching on Google, because I still don't know sh*t)

Wow, 14 posts since 2013...I mean, until now.

Wait, who's account is this really?
you may be really active here, but I am not.. I started on this website by searching for guns that were for sale.. so , I hope that explains my "14 posts" ... also I don't have lots of knowledge about guns as I have seen with some members here, so there is no point to talk about something that I have no knowledge of

I am beginner... I would need someone to help me with research on gun and optics.. I think my budget for gun and optics would be up to $2100.. hopefully that would get me nice decent system... I used to hunt , but that was all up to 100 yards or less most of the time ... I really have no idea about long range shooting (i will not bs you with things I have learned by searching on Google, because I still don't know sh*t)

Easily done with that budget, especially if you you’re open to lightly used equipment. I can assist with any assembly/mounting/mods that may need done, and that will save you money right there.

Excellent rifles are available. Remington 700 versions (especially the 5R variants), several Tikkas, Bergara’s, Ruger Precision Rifle, the new Winchester (available yet?). Optics would be the Nightforce SHV, older Vortex Viper PST line, several of the Bushnell DMR optics. You can get a rifle for $700 - $1100 easily. Add another $1k for a rifle. Flesh the rest out with rings and mounts where needed. I may have some rings and mounts, depending upon what you end up with, and that will save you money , as well.

you may be really active here, but I am not.. I started on this website by searching for guns that were for sale.. so , I hope that explains my "14 posts" ... also I don't have lots of knowledge about guns as I have seen with some members here, so there is no point to talk about something that I have no knowledge of

If other people would adopt these practices..

Easily done with that budget, especially if you you’re open to lightly used equipment. I can assist with any assembly/mounting/mods that may need done, and that will save you money right there.

Excellent rifles are available. Remington 700 versions (especially the 5R variants), several Tikkas, Bergara’s, Ruger Precision Rifle, the new Winchester (available yet?). Optics would be the Nightforce SHV, older Vortex Viper PST line, several of the Bushnell DMR optics. You can get a rifle for $700 - $1100 easily. Add another $1k for a rifle. Flesh the rest out with rings and mounts where needed. I may have some rings and mounts, depending upon what you end up with, and that will save you money , as well.

tax season is almost here... you will be my GURU... I did some research and I do like Ruger Precision Rifle 6.5 creedmoor.. but if you can recommend something specific in guns , caliber and optics , I am all ears

tax season is almost here... you will be my GURU... I did some research and I do like Ruger Precision Rifle 6.5 creedmoor.. but if you can recommend something specific in guns , caliber and optics , I am all ears

If that’s the rifle you like, then go for it! That’s a good one and I’ve got no issues with it. You won’t need a rail, just the optic and rings/mount.

Call Dixie Ammo Dump and talk to Geoff or Cliff. 706-654-5614. Tell them Shep sent you and that you’re buying a rifle to train with me. They’ll hook you up.

Don’t worry overmuch about the hardware; it’s the Indian not the arrow.

Don’t listen to folks that say you need X rifle or optic, or you can’t do it unless you shoot the latest X.X Whizzbang caliber.

Any reason in particular you say the older gen 1 Vortex PST?

Back
Top Bottom