• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long range

Where was all this interest when I was holding shoots on a 2000m range and providing Instructors to help?

Four hours away and 400 dollars vs 50 minutes away and free - so there's that...

But now that I have an AR10 I'm definitely going to have to invest in some instruction...

Four hours away and 400 dollars vs 50 minutes away and free - so there's that...

But now that I have an AR10 I'm definitely going to have to invest in some instruction...

Most folks need help to hit targets much past 600 yards; spotting, calling wind, giving dope corrections, etc. Giving most shooters free access to a long distance range won’t do a whole lot for them. It would be akin to giving me a free airplane.....I don’t know how to fly it.

How many shooters here have a spotting scope that will work well at 1200yds+? It costs money to supply the Instructors with the know-how and quality equipment to get folks on target at long ranges, especially when the Instructors are teaching you what to do so that you can do it on your own later on.

Most folks would be better off driving a few hours and paying money so that they get the needed Instruction and assistance. I’ve never failed to get a novice onto steel, repeatedly, at 1,000yds+. Most folks would prefer to go out for free and hit very little, and learn even less, than to put some money down and actually learn something from the experience.

If everyone could do it, I wouldn’t charge for it.

It was always an availability issue for me, classes are always scheduled when I'm on a business trip or the "warden" has something planned. I've been trying to make it since I finished my ar10 build in May of last year...

Back
Top Bottom