• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long term food sources

I was in Hawaii for my 30th Anniversary, every restaurants had Spam Ham on its Menu. I just bought some cans of Corn Beef from Brazil it expires in 2026.
Hawaii has had a love affair with SPAM since even before WWII.....personally, I like SPAM very much. A cheap canned meat that has a very long shelf life. The one thing, however, is that I don't think I'd ever get on that SPUSHI train. Sushi made with SPAM... :0)

Hawaii has had a love affair with SPAM since even before WWII.....personally, I like SPAM very much. A cheap canned meat that has a very long shelf life. The one thing, however, is that I don't think I'd ever get on that SPUSHI train. Sushi made with SPAM... :0)

I saw a cooking segment on YouTube where they made tempura shoestring spam fries. Looked awesome

Don't knock Spushi till you've tried it. It's actually pretty good, that is if you like spam and nori.

Why hasn't anyone listed "The Woods, Field & Stream" as the biggest part of their survival food?

Why hasn't anyone listed "The Woods, Field & Stream" as the biggest part of their survival food?

there are going to be so many city newbs making so much noise in the woods that animals will disappear far from easy access. they will not com back until the coyotes finish eating the starved to death city folk

Because long pig will be the most plentiful resource around after the woods and streams are picked clean. All you need is a dinner bell and they come running to you.

They serve long pig in Chinese restaurants now don't they? But around here we call it wet (fat) back.

Here is a Great one!!!

A 2-liter container of extra virgin olive oil has about 16,000 calories.

So for about $13 you get more calories than $150 worth of Mountain House Freeze Dried food.

A table spoon is 120 calories. Just add a couple of table spoons of that on your other food and pour on the calories your body needs to survive.

WOW!! A great food source. Zero Cholesterol, Zero Sodium

NOTE: I like olive oil, but other cooking oils have similar numbers for calories per tablespoon.

Back
Top Bottom