• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long term food sources

Here is a Great one!!!

A 2-liter container of extra virgin olive oil has about 16,000 calories.

So for about $13 you get more calories than $150 worth of Mountain House Freeze Dried food.

A table spoon is 120 calories. Just add a couple of table spoons of that on your other food and pour on the calories your body needs to survive.

WOW!! A great food source. Zero Cholesterol, Zero Sodium

NOTE: I like olive oil, but other cooking oils have similar numbers for calories per tablespoon.
and they all go rancid in about 6 months...

and they all go rancid in about 6 months...

They can last 2 years if stored properly. Canola oil can last about 4 years.

So it eventually gets oxidized and doesn't taste great. Of course compared to eating bugs, it might not taste that bad.

Anyway, use them and use the oldest 1st.

I will have some. Great stuff.

They can last 2 years if stored properly. Canola oil can last about 4 years.

So it eventually gets oxidized and doesn't taste great. Of course compared to eating bugs, it might not taste that bad.

Anyway, use them and use the oldest 1st.

I will have some. Great stuff.
it's summer in GA, everything is down, no electricity, no fuel, no natural gas...if you are prepared you have wood and charcoal...how are you going to store it properly? Granted, before tshtf you can freeze it and it keeps very well but we are talking survival situation here.

it's summer in GA, everything is down, no electricity, no fuel, no natural gas...if you are prepared you have wood and charcoal...how are you going to store it properly? Granted, before tshtf you can freeze it and it keeps very well but we are talking survival situation here.

If it will last me 6 to 12 months after grid down, it will be great.

I will start using it on day one.

It can stay at room temperature for a year and be fine for consumption.

If you don't want any oil, don't get any.
is "room temperature" 75 or 95? huge difference...and I have oil and a way to keep it cool in the summertime in ga...it still isn't a long-term solution for nutrition...

When I first moved up here my house didn't have anything other than a whole house fan to move any air. Even with that the interior was in the low 90's and it was brutal. I can't imagine much of anything lasting long in that situation. Granted I don't have a basement but my house for storing anything so digging a root cellar would have to be dug up to store anything.

Plus every time I read a package that say's store at room temperature, it's usually stating 70* as the suggested temp.

Coconut oil should last a bit longer in the heat, and each Tbsp has 117 calories. Also a higher smoke point than olive oil. Heck I sometimes eat a Tbsp of it just for the health benefits. Used to make my bullet proof coffee with it and grass fed butter.

Back
Top Bottom