• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long term food sources

When I first moved up here my house didn't have anything other than a whole house fan to move any air. Even with that the interior was in the low 90's and it was brutal. I can't imagine much of anything lasting long in that situation. Granted I don't have a basement but my house for storing anything so digging a root cellar would have to be dug up to store anything.

Plus every time I read a package that say's store at room temperature, it's usually stating 70* as the suggested temp.

Coconut oil should last a bit longer in the heat, and each Tbsp has 117 calories. Also a higher smoke point than olive oil. Heck I sometimes eat a Tbsp of it just for the health benefits. Used to make my bullet proof coffee with it and grass fed butter.
As a word of caution. Do not eat 3-4 tbsp for the health benefits. Ask me how I know. Actually, don't ask. You don't want to know. Hahaha.

As a word of caution. Do not eat 3-4 tbsp for the health benefits. Ask me how I know. Actually, don't ask. You don't want to know. Hahaha.

Yea, I never go that overboard with it....just once in a great while by it's self if I think I haven't had any healthy fats in my diet.

I mostly use it when baking cakes/brownies to give it a better texture than using other kinds of oil.

Coconut oil is the opposite of healthy oil. It will raise you cholesterol.
Avocado and olive oils are heart friendly.

Plus think of fat. You will need plenty of fat to go with low fat foods. Alaskan residents call it something rabbit fever or some **** like that. It's from eating squirrel and rabbit with low fat content. Read up on that and come up with a source that will keep a long time.

Back
Top Bottom