• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Look at the pics and tell me what they are comin after next

Once they figure out what braces are and how they're used I doubt they'll go after the brace it's self but instead go after banning AR pistols and AK pistols. And why couldn't Trump ban them the same way he did bump stocks?

Even without a stock it's pretty obvious an AK or AR "pistol" is still essentially a short barrel riffle. Taking the stocks off of a rifle and calling it a pistol was an obvious "work around" the law. A loophole, the NFA laws intent on restricting short barrel rifles was to restrict the the people from having concealable high powered rifles.

If those who tried to justify the bump stock ban, or even just rationalize it, are honest with themselves, they would say AR and AK pistols should have never been approved too. They're just as much in violation of the NFA as bumpstocks.

They deem braces to be accessories however, the addition of a stabilizing vertical fore-grip is a game changer putting it in the "Any Other Weapon" category. I considered buying an AR pistol earlier this year but had reservations considering that the ATF can amend their rules at any time or like the letter below, re-clarify their rules.

upload_2019-8-6_0-40-38.png
upload_2019-8-6_0-41-2.png

Yeah, I've read the recent letter and don't see where they changed there mind on anything. They just clarified that a brace doesn't count towards overall length. Did they at any point before say that they do?

I feel like some of the influencers in the gun scene blew that letter out of proportion for likes and subscribes.

It’s a SB upper on a pistol lower with a 100 rd mag. Would have made no difference if it were a standard 16” AR with a stock and regular 30 rd. mag. Outcome would be the same. Libs are gonna say he caused more damage because it was an “Anderson” lower.

Back
Top Bottom