• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Look at this seller's terms...

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
309   0
Reaction score
I was perusing another site and found a for sale ad with these stipulations:

I ONLY SELL TO CCW OR FFL HOLDERS NO EXCEPTIONS! Buyer certifies that they are not restricted or forbidden by law to own a firearm and buyer states that he/she: • Has NEVER been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year. • Is NOT a fugitive from justice. • Is NOT an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance. • Has NEVER been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution. • Is NOT an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United states or an alien admitted to the United states under a nonimmigrant visa. • Has NOT been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions. • Having been a citizen of the United states, has NEVER renounced his or her citizenship. • Is NOT subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner. • Has NOT been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence • CAN lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm. • Is NOT a person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year.

I was perusing another site and found a for sale ad with these stipulations:

I ONLY SELL TO CCW OR FFL HOLDERS NO EXCEPTIONS! Buyer certifies that they are not restricted or forbidden by law to own a firearm and buyer states that he/she: • Has NEVER been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year. • Is NOT a fugitive from justice. • Is NOT an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance. • Has NEVER been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution. • Is NOT an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United states or an alien admitted to the United states under a nonimmigrant visa. • Has NOT been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions. • Having been a citizen of the United states, has NEVER renounced his or her citizenship. • Is NOT subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner. • Has NOT been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence • CAN lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm. • Is NOT a person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year.
I'm not sure but I think I've seen that language before somewhere????

I don't see a problem. The guy's reminding potential buyers of the law. He's not asking them to sign an affidavit that they meet all those requirements, is he? He's just giving notice. If you read that and respond to his ad anyway, he can assume you meet the qualifications. Sounds harmless enough.

(BUT, I wonder, why doesn't he also say:

"by answering this ad and proceeding with the purchase of this firearm, you are certifying that you have no murderous or felonious intent for said weapon, and you will not use it to facilitate a rape or robbery or murder."

Back
Top Bottom