• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Look at this seller's terms...

I was perusing another site and found a for sale ad with these stipulations:

I ONLY SELL TO CCW OR FFL HOLDERS NO EXCEPTIONS! Buyer certifies that they are not restricted or forbidden by law to own a firearm and buyer states that he/she: • Has NEVER been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year. • Is NOT a fugitive from justice. • Is NOT an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance. • Has NEVER been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution. • Is NOT an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United states or an alien admitted to the United states under a nonimmigrant visa. • Has NOT been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions. • Having been a citizen of the United states, has NEVER renounced his or her citizenship. • Is NOT subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner. • Has NOT been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence • CAN lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm. • Is NOT a person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year.

Sound reasonable... Have seen a few brand new to the trader with "Triple 000 feedback" and make demands like this....

I was just wondering where all these "Newbies" come from with all their outrageous demands. DL copies, Dl numbers, GWL, Address, Phone number, and then It'll be a "Whole lot more" to ship. Why a whole lot more? Why not just the USPS shipping cost that would be less than $30.00 for two firearms?

Don't you just love the new kids that show up late and want to change the way the game is played?

I deal with a lot of 000 folks, but they don't get but one slip and the deal is off.
I've tried to deal with some that have over 100+ FB, and they will tell a lie in a minute.

All it takes is one lie, to get you on my ignore list of people that I don't deal with, it's over 70.
I know 70 is a lot, but I'm an asshole and have a low tolerance for lameness and lying. lol

So a newbie wants to have some terms and conditions for selling a gun that you folks on the outdoors trader don't think are reasonable ?

OK but if something bad happens after the transaction and the gun has been or will be used in a crime in the future, and somebody says that the sale was illegal and the participants in that sale engaging in a crime ---or negligence, meaning something for which they can be sued --- who do you think is going to be on the jury ?

A bunch a gun nuts from pro gun website ?

In fact, you think anybody who's ever sold a firearm in a private party sale will be allowed to participate on that jury ? Nope. The prosecutor will use preemptive strikes to remove that person from the jury panel .

Which means that your community values in the ODT community will not control the outcome of the case. Instead, what matters is the opinion of ordinary citizens, your peers, your fellows in the community.

So a newbie wants to have some terms and conditions for selling a gun that you folks on the outdoors trader don't think are reasonable ?

OK but if something bad happens after the transaction and the gun has been or will be used in a crime in the future, and somebody says that the sale was illegal and the participants in that sale engaging in a crime ---or negligence, meaning something for which they can be sued --- who do you think is going to be on the jury ?

A bunch a gun nuts from pro gun website ?

In fact, you think anybody who's ever sold a firearm in a private party sale will be allowed to participate on that jury ? Nope. The prosecutor will use preemptive strikes to remove that person from the jury panel .

Which means that your community values in the ODT community will not control the outcome of the case. Instead, what matters is the opinion of ordinary citizens, your peers, your fellows in the community.

Your "somebody says" is rather vague.. who are you referring to? DA? Prosecutor? Suspect? Private sales occur thousands of times a day... Please show me a case your referencing?

If it's not required by law, then it isn't reasonable.

There are a lot of people that actually think all that extra garbage is required by law, or that it will help them somehow.

After all the NO shipping box is already checked and the only option for BOS is YES, so kinda steers them in that direction.

I guess you could compare it to people that watch Main Stream Media, they just don't know any better.

There are still a lot of people that think Hillary should be POTUS. Doesn't that make them seem unreasonable?

Back
Top Bottom