• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Look out for ticks

But seriously for a moment. WTH is going on with the whole tick/chigger thing? As a child and up to a pre-teen I played in the woods every day. Out hunting with my pellet gun, fishing in the lake or catching tadpoles in the creek. I only occasionally had a tick bite...and chiggers were usually only a problem in the blackberry bushes.

Today, there is no way I could let my granddaughter go for a walk in the woods or play in creek...she would be covered in deer ticks and chigger bites. Why the population explosion of these nasty bugs?

And anybody who says "global warming" gets a dunce hat.

But seriously for a moment. WTH is going on with the whole tick/chigger thing? As a child and up to a pre-teen I played in the woods every day. Out hunting with my pellet gun, fishing in the lake or catching tadpoles in the creek. I only occasionally had a tick bite...and chiggers were usually only a problem in the blackberry bushes.

Today, there is no way I could let my granddaughter go for a walk in the woods or play in creek...she would be covered in deer ticks and chigger bites. Why the population explosion of these nasty bugs?

And anybody who says "global warming" gets a dunce hat.

I've asked that as well. So many issues nowadays it seems. WTH is up with peanut allergies and Lactose intolerance? I wonder if kids back in my day just suffered through it or what. Hell we ate dirt, played in stagnant creeks and all we ever got was ringworm or poison oak.

I've asked that as well. So many issues nowadays it seems. WTH is up with peanut allergies and Lactose intolerance? I wonder if kids back in my day just suffered through it or what. Hell we ate dirt, played in stagnant creeks and all we ever got was ringworm or poison oak.

One issue we didn't have as much of back then was ADD OR ADHD problems. I think waiting for an hour for a squirrel to pop his head out of a hole in the tree or for the bream to start biting cured those diseases.

Another thing I've seen more than usual of this summer is snakes. I've already seen two copperheads and and caught these two black snakes in my chicken nest boxes.

Yeah, I know lots of people hate to see a non venomous snake killed, but when you've got chickens the snakes have to die. They crawl into the nest boxes and swallow the eggs. They'll even catch the little chicks and eat them.

IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0307.JPG

Another thing I've seen more than usual of this summer is snakes. I've already seen two copperheads and and caught these two black snakes in my chicken nest boxes.

Yeah, I know lots of people hate to see a non venomous snake killed, but when you've got chickens the snakes have to die. They crawl into the nest boxes and swallow the eggs. They'll even catch the little chicks and eat them.

View attachment 1211123 View attachment 1211126

Lol I only saw the first picture and thought you were joking about two snakes when it was just 1 cut in half

Lol I only saw the first picture and thought you were joking about two snakes when it was just 1 cut in half
LOL! Nah, I grabbed him by the tail, stepped on his head and then pulled out my trusty Izula and cut him in half right where he had a big lump in his body. I figured it was gonna be a rat, but it was actually a small bird.

I love watching some of these hunters throwing a turkey, over their shoulder to carry..I have seen tons of tic's on the inner folds of the turkeys neck..

Back
Top Bottom