• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Look what's back!

So I made the dreaded Walmart run to Brummick earlier today for dog food water etc. When I got to the water aisle the beer is right across from that. And that's when I saw the old Hamm's Beer logo on cases stacked in the cooler. So I said Aww no way!" And my daughter looked at me funny. I explained to her I ain't had or even seen any Hamm's Beer in decades. She said it looked kinda gross. Yeah as if...

Well it's been so long I can't recall if it's good or not. But I gambled on a $13.00 case just for the hell of it. Hamm's reminds me of wild times in my teenage years that I can't remember much about. Anyway here's to 24 cold Hamm's in the fridge.

If any of y'all are headed up towards Indiana or Illinois any time soon I'd like some Old Style in the bottles. View attachment 1249855 View attachment 1249855

I miss the Old Style 22oz btls. Wish you they sold it around here.

It's better than PBR.

skeptical-black-kid-so-youre-telling-me-something-is-worse-than-pbr.jpg

We used to buy Milwaukee's Best by the case. You could drink all of that you wanted as fast as you wanted but you'd never get drunk.
That's the top beer on my list to avoid. I drank one in the 80s and got cotton mouth after each swallow. I promised myself I'd find an AA meeting before I drink the Beast Masters.

I did something similar when I found Genessee at Wally World. My uncle and father used to drink it and it may have been the very first beer I ever tasted.

Now I understand why they 'used to' and I don't.
Yeah as far as I recall Gennessee was an upstate NY regional beer. I've tried it since it made it down to middle GA. It ain't horrible but not something I seek out.

We used to buy Milwaukee's Best by the case. You could drink all of that you wanted as fast as you wanted but you'd never get drunk.

You didn't eat enough cookies! The only way a poor starving college student could get drunk was a case of Milwaukee's Worst and a box of chocolate chip cookies!!! Followed by a pint of ice cream!!!

Then a trip to the bathroom at 3:00am

They didn't have any Schmidt's did they.

I've drunk beer over a large part of the world. I actually like PBR and miss Falstaff. Allen's in Athens used to have PBR Dark on draft.

Iron City was the the college kids drink of choice near the end of the month.

Genesse was pretty good.

Used to drink Carlings Black Label because it was a "local" beer.

But out of all of them Schmidt's is the only one that consistently gave me a hangover. It was some rough stuff.

Stroh's was our "Bud" but I think it's gone too.

Back
Top Bottom