• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Look what's new from Colt in 2017

If they resurrect the snake guns and sell them for prices competitive with S&W...Holy S*** There's going to be some angry collectors who have been way overpaying. It's going to be like a stock market crash in the gun world.
A "New" Python or Anaconda would be of the two piece barrel variety with several MIM parts, nothing like the vintage Colts.
No doubt it would be a good looking, great performing revolver that might give us mere mortals a chance to own a Python.
I don't believe the value of the collectibles would diminish very much, but who knows.

The majority of j frames being produced these days are aluminum frame airweights. Their only close competition is the LCR by Ruger, unless you include Taurus or some other cheaper brand, which I don't...LOL...The Ruger sp101 in .38 will most likely be a closer competitor to this Colt, but I'll bet the Colt is still a bit more. I'm intrigued!
Me too! But the lack of a Minimum Advertised Price has me wincing about the probable price tag.
Add to that, the availability will be far, FAR less than the initial demand. No telling what it will cost to get one in hand initially early on.
But buy, it sure is a good looking revolver!

They screwed it up. In the past, the Detective Special was a 6-shot with a steel frame and the Cobra was a 6-shot with an aluminum frame. So, now the Cobra has a steel frame?

Personally, I think they've screwed the looks up, as well. Colt wheelguns always had sexy lines......that thing looks like a Charter Arms.

With that said, I'd like to take one for a spin. Glad to see Colt getting back into the game.

Colt has also added a .45 and 9mm Match 1911, 3 Commanders (steel-framed .45 and 9mm, and a Wiley Clapp LW 9mm), and a railed 10mm Delta Elite SS.

Still based on the old colt black powder action so it will still choke like all colt DA revolvers do when you push them hard, including the python.

Pass.

I say that as someone who has a Python, Detective Special, and Trooper in my safe. S&W and Ruger have always built a better DA.

They screwed it up. In the past, the Detective Special was a 6-shot with a steel frame and the Cobra was a 6-shot with an aluminum frame. So, now the Cobra has a steel frame?

Personally, I think they've screwed the looks up, as well. Colt wheelguns always had sexy lines......that thing looks like a Charter Arms.

With that said, I'd like to take one for a spin. Glad to see Colt getting back into the game.

Colt has also added a .45 and 9mm Match 1911, 3 Commanders (steel-framed .45 and 9mm, and a Wiley Clapp LW 9mm), and a railed 10mm Delta Elite SS.
That trigger guard looks horrible. I agree it does look more like a Charter than a sexy Colt snubbie.

In fairness, the Cobra has always been butt ugly.

The Colt Cobra used to be a good lookin' gun.
IMG_1901.JPG

Back
Top Bottom