• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Look what's new from Colt in 2017

A modern python if built to the same standards of the original python would retail for over 4 grand. If anything it will increase the value of the originals...

I've heard at least two different interviews with Colt execs say the exact same thing. The snake guns required a ton of hand fitting, and Colt got rid of a lot of the tooling needed to make them after they stopped production. They both estimated that the start up costs alone would put a 'new' Python at $5K or more.

I've heard at least two different interviews with Colt execs say the exact same thing. The snake guns required a ton of hand fitting, and Colt got rid of a lot of the tooling needed to make them after they stopped production. They both estimated that the start up costs alone would put a 'new' Python at $5K or more.
:shocked:.......5K!
What does a "in good condition" vintage Python go for these days?

Seems like 2k is about the bottom from what I've seen.

Makes the 300 my dad paid for mine seem like a pretty good deal. :thumb:
I saw that earlier post where you said you had a Python, Detective Special, and Trooper in the safe!
$300 bucks.............:faint:

I saw that earlier post where you said you had a Python, Detective Special, and Trooper in the safe!
$300 bucks.............:faint:

Funny thing, they had a GP100 next to it at the store for the same price. I was 12. I wanted him to buy the GP100 instead.

If Pythons are so lousy makes you wonder why prices went to the sky. Must be something Good about them. I bought my first 4 inch Nickel Python in Germany at the Rod & Gun club for $200. S&W 66s were selling for retail and you could not get one at the time (early 70s). Love Colts and S&W both but there is just something about a Python's Beauty and slick action. Have owned several of them since the 70s and never had a problem. Some People like them???

If Pythons are so lousy makes you wonder why prices went to the sky. Must be something Good about them. I bought my first 4 inch Nickel Python in Germany at the Rod & Gun club for $200. S&W 66s were selling for retail and you could not get one at the time (early 70s). Love Colts and S&W both but there is just something about a Python's Beauty and slick action. Have owned several of them since the 70s and never had a problem. Some People like them???
You still got that $200 Python?
The first gun I ever bought at the Rod and Gun Club was in 1991....Glock 22 :wacko: , I think I paid $350.
No comparison, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom