Lookin for a 1911

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderbass07

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
Hey im looking for a 1911 and this would be my first. Im kinda got my heart set on a Springfield 1911A1, but i pretty much open to suggestions. If anyone has a suggestion or knows anything that i should look out for let me know.

How much money you looking to put into it? 1911's can go anywhere from $400 to a few thousand bucks depending on what you're really willing to put into it, also what are you going to use it for, carry weapon or target shooting? Springfield 1911A1 is a good choice by the way, not super expensive but a good all around gun. You won't go wrong with it. As a matter of fact one came up on the trader earlier tonight. gtg375h has one for $500. Looks real nice too, if I had the cash I'd be all over it. Good luck.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, 1911's don't last long around here. If you see one you want you better contact the seller fast or someone else will beat you to it.

I'm waitin to see what people tell you since I'm in the market myself. Saw a RIA in an ad that looked nice. Think they called it the "Tactical" model. Anybody own one of these?

Thanks Tazz. I'm lookin to put between $400-$600 into one and i plan on carrying and doing some target shooting. I have a 3rd gen glock 19 that goes pretty much everywhere i go so the 1911 will see some carry time. A buddy of mine just traded one of his glocks for a RIA 1911 on here and i shot it this past weekend and now im convinced that i really want one. The only thing about his RIA is that it doesn't feed hollow points very well, but from what i understand a 1911 is better suited for ball ammo anyway. I also saw that 1911A1 that gtg375h has on here. I'm trying to sell my fender stratocaster and behringer amp to get some cash to get a 1911.

I have a RIA Tactical i bought a couple weks ago. It feeds FMJ and 230 grain Gold dots just fine. It is a very good gun for the money and sadily underrated b/c of price.I had a Gi they fed both FMJ and HP just fine.Most think if it aint a Kimber it aint no good. I have shot Colts Kimber Springers etc etc and the RIA shot just as well as the 1k plus guns.

i have a springfield loaded champion in stainless and have been carrying it around iwb for about two months now and i love it. it is an excellent shooter and it is very easy on the eyes. this is my second springer and i have no complaints about either one. i would suggest if you plan to carry a 1911 that you consider the loaded weight of a 5 inch and how heavy it is. my 4 inch is pretty hefty but i have a great holster that helps ease the load. i would look into getting a 4 inch or even a 3 inch if you can find one that is not a jam machine. good luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom