• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

looking at easy, cheap AR15 mods

I'd recommend shooting the gun and finding what you need. Do you have some nice glass already?

Stock selection is a very personal thing. If you are chasing a dream precision rig the Magpul PRS is the only way to go. Otherwise stick to the A2 or A1 stock. With a 24" barrel and rifle gas length you'll want the longer buffer tube to maintain reliability.

Extended charging handles are nice. The Bravo Company Gunfighters are the best in the business. The mod 3 is the longest version which is good for scoped rifles. Read up on the design and you'll find out why it is the best. It was designed to be run one-handed. All of the others will inevitably fail.

On triggers, the Bushmaster Varmint models offer a pretty good entry level 2-stage match trigger. I'd just keep what you've got as it is comparable to the RRA, and save for a really nice trigger. I'm a personal fan of the Geisseles. You can usually find these on sale at Midway every other month.

Pistol grips are another personal choice, but they're pretty inexpensive and easy to change.

While I've recommended some of the more expensive mods, you do get what you pay for it you actually use the gun. I've seen too many people with guns go down as they tried to cut corners. For taking pictures, posting on the internet and the occaisional trip to the range, saving a few bucks and going with the cheap parts works just fine. Buy once cry once. Once you get serious about shooting it you'll end up replacing most of the parts anyways. Save for what you really want.

Marks on the ejector are going to happen.. let it be as they give the gun a little character.

Back
Top Bottom