• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking at Osprey? please read...

1clearshot

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
28   0
Reaction score
I picked up my Osprey 8-21 after 9months of wait. Then on 8-23 managed to do this...

Switching between .578x28 and 1/2x28 pistons for P220ST and P228R, the bolt that holds cam-lever had backed out and won't secure booster assembly to mount/ dismount Osprey onto threaded barrels.

The cam-lever felt somewhat loose when actuated, as in pull back the slide then let it loose (without mag inserted) and closing of slide will let the cam-lever drop a bit from lock position.
I've seen couple of reviews on osprey where people mention how tight this lever was but likely too excited 9month ago to pay any attention...

If you are purchasing an Osprey, please check and make sure the cam-lever is tight before filing form 4!!! I had to send mine back to S-co for repair without having one round through. During e-mail exchanges with CS rep, got the impression this happens randomly...

Mine came back after repair and all is well!

P220 with trainer

P228R with some 147gr. stuff

[Broken External Image]:

I have not had any problems with mine but thanks for the info. I am not happy about problems with products but I think S-Co does a good job with customer service.

That sucks. Better now than later though. They are a good company. Good customer service .

That was my thought exactly. After 9mo, another week was nothing.

CS is unbelievable. I had return label within 12hrs of initial e-mail. My Osprey got there 10am, repaired and next-day-air back to my door step 24hrs later!

Last edited:
What happen to your pouch? The pouches are different, one I got originally is like pocket with velcro strap. The 2nd one fully covers entire can and has top cover w/ quick-release clip.

Wow interesting. No it's just hard to find good can pouches and my octane pouch is kind of crappy compared to my Osprey pouch

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom