• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Metro Atlanta  Looking for a fresh seafood market near Newnan

Q-bald

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here knows a place where I can purchase a bushel of fresh oysters?
Sons birthday is coming up and we want to dig a pit, drink beer, and eat the hell outa some oysters.

I can tell you, but only if you invite me. :)

Just kidding, the only one's I know of are north in the metro or far east of Newnan.

Don't rush to judgement just yet but I have a suggestion you should at least consider. If you have any friends in the restaurant business that uses US Foodservice, have them order you a case of 100ct oysters(in shell) for about $18. Don't quote me on the price but that should be pretty close. They come half way cleaned off and packed in ice. They are as good or better than any "fresh" oyster you would find at a seafood market. I put on a couple of oyster roast last year and and ended up having to order oysters for every one of my friends roast. As far as needing a friend in the restaurant business, that's not really a necessity. Just talk to any owner and ask them to add a case on their next order. I probably place orders for 15-20 people a week. Got one old black lady that orders 2 50# bags of sugar every week and has for the last 20 odd years. Word has it, she makes the best hooch in the state.

ETA.. I can't guarantee it but I would guess any of the major food distributors would carry a similar product. I think Sysco pretty much has things locked down in the greater atlanta area. I have just always went with US Foodservice.

Don't rush to judgement just yet but I have a suggestion you should at least consider. If you have any friends in the restaurant business that uses US Foodservice, have them order you a case of 100ct oysters(in shell) for about $18. Don't quote me on the price but that should be pretty close. They come half way cleaned off and packed in ice. They are as good or better than any "fresh" oyster you would find at a seafood market. I put on a couple of oyster roast last year and and ended up having to order oysters for every one of my friends roast. As far as needing a friend in the restaurant business, that's not really a necessity. Just talk to any owner and ask them to add a case on their next order. I probably place orders for 15-20 people a week. Got one old black lady that orders 2 50# bags of sugar every week and has for the last 20 odd years. Word has it, she makes the best hooch in the state.

ETA.. I can't guarantee it but I would guess any of the major food distributors would carry a similar product. I think Sysco pretty much has things locked down in the greater atlanta area. I have just always went with US Foodservice.

Great Idea! I will check into this.

Back
Top Bottom