• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a gm mechanic in or around braselton

dragneo

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
226   0
Reaction score
Or someone to help troubleshoot

I recently purchased a 93 c1500 4.3 5 speed that has a new motor less than 2k miles , rebuilt tranny, new fuel pump and new rear end (has paperwork for all) it runs fantastic until it gets warm and you turn it off then when you go to start it back it doesn't want to start...after a bit of testing I can see it doesn't prime at start up ...

I changed the icm and fuel pump relay , it has a new ecm and distributor on it ....

Any ideas as to what to do or who I should take it too I really like the truck and bought it bc the drive trane was new and my daughter wanted to learn to drive a stick ...

Thanks for your help odt

Or someone to help troubleshoot

I recently purchased a 93 c1500 4.3 5 speed that has a new motor less than 2k miles , rebuilt tranny, new fuel pump and new rear end (has paperwork for all) it runs fantastic until it gets warm and you turn it off then when you go to start it back it doesn't want to start...after a bit of testing I can see it doesn't prime at start up ...

I changed the icm and fuel pump relay , it has a new ecm and distributor on it ....

Any ideas as to what to do or who I should take it too I really like the truck and bought it bc the drive trane was new and my daughter wanted to learn to drive a stick ...

Thanks for your help odt

Will it start if you squirt a little gas in the intake?

I have a 1988 K1500 and it would do the exact same thing, it was the intake temperature sensor located to the left of the thermostat. The sensor in the link below fixed my issue:

Will it start if you squirt a little gas in the intake?

I have a 1988 K1500 and it would do the exact same thing, it was the intake temperature sensor located to the left of the thermostat. The sensor in the link below fixed my issue:

I will pick one up today but the one in it looks brand new ...but i will give it a shot ...thank you for the recommendation

So finally got home and changed the part it it still didn't do the trick the truck starts but the injectors still aren't priming and again when it gets warm and turn it off it doesn't start back...but after it's sits an hour or starts back (still doesn't prime tho) so now I'm thinking it could be the fuel regulator not pushing it out to the injectors ...but I think I'm going to find an actual mechanic for this one to confirm bc it's not a 20 dollar bill going out the window like the last few parts were

Is that the system with the spider fuel system?

Just remember because the parts are new doesn’t mean they are good. Sometimes paying a mechanic is cheaper than throwing parts. Of course there is a chance that’s what they will do as well

Back
Top Bottom