• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a good fishing pond near Hoschton

hops2899

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
117   0
Reaction score
My father just wrapped up his second round of chemo and radiation last week and for the first time in nearly a year has the energy to do some catching. I am looking for something with a dock and some good shady trees. Must be an easy walk from parking. I don't know that area very well and tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ft. Yargo. State park, good access to lake, all the amenities. Don't underestimate the value of a bathroom.

Lake Chapman at Sandy Creek Park north of Athens is really pleasant. Good bank access, reasonable amount of fish, clean, pic-nic tables. Not that far away from Hoschton if you come the back way. On Saturday and Sunday, you can make a side trip to the J&J Center (flea market), some good food, good entertainment, like taking a trip to Old Mexico.

Bank fishing at Bear Creek isn't that hot in that you are limited to a very small portion of the lake. With no boat, it would be my last choice. I'm not sure they allow fishing from the dock at Bear Creek.

The pay lake North of Jefferson is Crowe's Lake, and it's a sure thing, but you have to keep everything you catch, and pay by the pound and it can get pricey. Stocked wall to wall with catfish, and they will bite about anything. But you can park right beside the water, and there's good shade.

IMG_1728.JPG
Our last fishing trip over a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom