• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a hog Hunt

The last few years the gates were closed on the north end, which is the best hog area, in my opinion. I haven`t checked this year. To hunt the north end with locked gates, it`s a long drag to get a hog out, especially where I like to hunt.. Even with a cart it`s a long haul. Hogs ain`t worth it.

I got tired of hunting WMA’s years ago due to the rest of the public. I like to hunt with Salt Log Outfitters. I recommend Dead river plantation to it’s near August. I also know i guy who’s looking for members of a club that has hogs on it. I can check if you like?

The last few years the gates were closed on the north end, which is the best hog area, in my opinion. I haven`t checked this year. To hunt the north end with locked gates, it`s a long drag to get a hog out, especially where I like to hunt.. Even with a cart it`s a long haul. Hogs ain`t worth it.
I’ve grown tired of dragging hogs out of the woods. I can field quarter one and pack it out on my pack frame faster than I can drag one out of the woods. It keeps my hands free so that I can still hunt my way back to the truck. I’ve killed a couple of pigs while packing one out. It’s also on ice sooner by doing things that way.

I’ve grown tired of dragging hogs out of the woods. I can field quarter one and pack it out on my pack frame faster than I can drag one out of the woods. It keeps my hands free so that I can still hunt my way back to the truck. I’ve killed a couple of pigs while packing one out. It’s also on ice sooner by doing things that way.
I used to pack meat out in Wyoming.. Not bad in cool weather. Rough in hot , muggy weather.

Back
Top Bottom