• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a job

Oh thanks for tellimg me about the easy 10k bro. Is it paid in installments? And do they do nights? Surgery is my specialitee
Of course the Med-Surg floor does nights, they are there 24/7. Most nurses prefer nights because you get a night and weekend shift differential. I think it's $3.50 an hour more for nights and the same for weekends.

What the heck is kinesiology?

I agree with the others

If you can convert this to an RN the jobs will flow your way easily

You may have enough already to sit for the RN exam

My friends daughter was in nursing school at north ga in dahalonega and she didn’t even finish her degree

She got far enough along to sit for the exam , passed and got job offers out her ears

She accepted one at one of the hospitals in Gainesville
Got an apartment across the street
And worked the 6PM to 6AM shift on Friday sat and Sunday

There was a hefty hourly bump for nights and another hefty bump for weekends and another hefty bump for working only weekends with no rotation during the week

Since she was living across the street she attended every class held at the hospital and got every certifications she could for every procedure and medication the hospital offered

If they were having a training class , she was there .

She picked up a couple of OT shifts during the week and last I heard she was making over $100k

And if you can stomach the extra time in school going on to be a NP or PA is mega bucks

The wife of one of my co workers is a PA and she works two days a week and makes $100k

And I know someone who is a NP working for a county hospital in Florida in the ER

She Works 24 on and 48 off like a fireman and the hospital pays her $100 an hour for her 24 hour shift

Study of bones and muscles and how they work together. Most of the trainers for sports teams have degrees with strong study in kinesiology. Torn up knees, shoulders, hip joints, etc.

And I know someone who is a NP working for a county hospital in Florida in the ER

She Works 24 on and 48 off like a fireman and the hospital pays her $100 an hour for her 24 hour shift

And if you get bored being an RN and want more challenges and a lot more money just continue your education and become a NP.
Then when you
get tired of dealing with people
and lose faith in humanity due to the intense stupidity of the
current human race you can get your DNP and just teach students.
You can also teach students as an NP
with clinical courses at places like Laurelwood.
Not hard to get teaching jobs with that much knowledge in the health field.....with continuing education you can easily land a cushy tenure at a university and doorways always open.

I agree with the others

If you can convert this to an RN the jobs will flow your way easily

You may have enough already to sit for the RN exam

My friends daughter was in nursing school at north ga in dahalonega and she didn’t even finish her degree

She got far enough along to sit for the exam , passed and got job offers out her ears

She accepted one at one of the hospitals in Gainesville
Got an apartment across the street
And worked the 6PM to 6AM shift on Friday sat and Sunday

There was a hefty hourly bump for nights and another hefty bump for weekends and another hefty bump for working only weekends with no rotation during the week

Since she was living across the street she attended every class held at the hospital and got every certifications she could for every procedure and medication the hospital offered

If they were having a training class , she was there .

She picked up a couple of OT shifts during the week and last I heard she was making over $100k

And if you can stomach the extra time in school going on to be a NP or PA is mega bucks

The wife of one of my co workers is a PA and she works two days a week and makes $100k

You have to complete an approved nursing program (classes, clinical hours, etc) in order to sit for the NCLEX (nursing exam) here in GA. Classes for kinesiology may meet pre-nursing requirements (sciences, math, languages, etc) but will not exempt him from attending nursing school if he wants to become an RN or LPN.

Nursing is a great career with tons of future growth and great earnings potential (especially if you don't mind furthering your education at some point, like you mentioned). The average starting pay is around $25/hr and 3x 12 hour shifts a week.

That said with your degree Peanut Butter Peanut Butter , I'd imagine you could find work as a Physical/Occupational Therapy Assistant in a rehab facility, skilled nursing facility (nursing home), or hospital. That's where I'd be beating the bushes.

Back
Top Bottom