• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a lease for long term lease.

Peanut Butter

Default rank <5000 posts
It is what it is
126   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve truly enjoyed myself so far this year hunting. The place I hunt I see some problems coming in our near future so I am being proactive. Can anyone help a noob out with getting a lease or know someone? I do a little coyote hunting and pretty much want to hunt hogs, deer and maybe some doves.

Let me know, I have references and I am a reputable member here and a contributing member of society.

Any websites to look on?

Thanks,
PB

While looking for a lease, also talk to your neighbors. One of my neighbors has 3 acres and backs up to public land. I just asked for permission last week and I've already harvested 2 deer from their property.

While looking for a lease, also talk to your neighbors. One of my neighbors has 3 acres and backs up to public land. I just asked for permission last week and I've already harvested 2 deer from their property.
Yea I am on my neighbors land now but a lot of people have permission and they have just as much right to be there as I do and it blows when someone on a RZR flies by you in the stand.

It’s tough finding a local spot. I’ve about decided I’ll have to drive south to hunt somewhere.
If you are wanting to lease your own land or join in on a lease (strangers?? & gun safety) check out the leases available at the lumber websites like rayonier & weyerhauser websites. They lease out their land. Check harvest record on timber for thinned, select, or clear cut.

Yea I am on my neighbors land now but a lot of people have permission and they have just as much right to be there as I do and it blows when someone on a RZR flies by you in the stand.
Same for me. It’s 50 acres and a lot of other ppl have permission to hunt it. We own 5 acres beside it and not much comes through because everyone in on the 50 beside us.

That would be pretty annoying. I'm fortunate to be the only leasee on my neighbor's land.

Back
Top Bottom