• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a midsize SUV/ Crossover

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
Looking for a reliable midsize SUV/Crossover. Looking at the Ford Escape, Edge or Hyundai Tucson or Santa-fe size SUV’s. #1 need is reliability. I like to buy usd cars and get about 100k miles of trouble free use out of them. Probably looking to buy a 2-3 year old vehicle with 30-50k on the odomometer and drive it to 150k with no major repair issues.

Any recommendations?

I like the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander too...but they are nearly $10k more expensive then the used Ford and Hyundai counterparts.

What says the ODT experts?

Again I want something fairly reliable - rather spend my extra cash on Ammo and not alternators.

I have a 2015 Ford Edge SEL and it is the quietest smoothest vehicle I have driven to date. I have the 3.5 V6. It gets about 20 to 21 in the city and up to 26 on the Hwy.
I researched every SUV I could find that fit my criteria and the Edge was the only one that I wanted.
I didn't need a seven seat SUV and this five seat Edge was great. Lot of room for gear and such.
I leased mine and I have about six months left.
I will be buying one, probably a 2017 and gently used. I only have 30000 miles on mine.

I have a 2015 Ford Edge SEL and it is the quietest smoothest vehicle I have driven to date. I have the 3.5 V6. It gets about 20 to 21 in the city and up to 26 on the Hwy.
I researched every SUV I could find that fit my criteria and the Edge was the only one that I wanted.
I didn't need a seven seat SUV and this five seat Edge was great. Lot of room for gear and such.
I leased mine and I have about six months left.
I will be buying one, probably a 2017 and gently used. I only have 30000 miles on mine.

Thanks. I’ll check those out too

Stick with a foreign builder anything the big 3 build is junk and more than half of the vehicle is imported and built in US plants. Motors from Mexico,radiators from japan, Chinese’s belts and hoses.

Don't forget Subaru. They're not so popular in the South, but they all over the Midwest and Canada. I had one back in the 80s. They're about as reliable as a vehicle can be. Depending where you are though, service might be an issue.

I bought my wife a 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T last summer. 48k on it. I've been very happy with it so far, good economy, 20+ round town, easy 26 hwy, (I've seen over 29 being careful), quality seems fine. How long the turbo engine will behave.......

My wife’s sister and her husband both drive kia SUVs

He racks up a lot of miles , like 90k a yr and never had any problems
He trades em in on a new one when they get 300k on em

He drives the smaller suv Kia makes
No clue on the name
The one she drives is the Santa Fe

They used to both drive Honda’s but switched to kia and have not had any problems and the cars are half price

Look at carmax website and check store inventory and check em out

Carmax isn’t the lowest price but they have a wide variety of cars and no haggling with a sales weasel all day

Back
Top Bottom