• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a midsize SUV/ Crossover

I have some family members who put 100k a year on Kia suv and never had any problem

I agree about the turbo
Any money you save in gas will get spent on repairs
But that’s pretty much true for any vehicle smaller than or other than a f150 with a normal V8

A crew cab 4 wd pickup is almost the same price as lots of smaller , less safe vehicles .
Getting $15k off sticker of a CC pickup is not too hard
Any other vehicle is $4-5 k tops

Holds it’s value very well too
So any extra $ spent on the purchase or gas is recovered when you sell it

The depreciation on a vehicle costs more than the gas , even on a full size V8 4WD 12 mpg suv .

I get em used , normally at an auction, let the first buyer lose $40k on depreciation, then I don’t care how much gas it uses since all it costs me is the $7k cash I paid for it and gas

I just helped my father search for a vehicle to replace his 90k mile 12 yr old suv

The new SUVs sticker for 20k more than the pickup they are based on
Plus they will only knock $5k off sticker with a suv and knock $15k on a pickup so the pickup version of an suv , with exactly the same options , is $20-25k less

Both myself and my sister in law bought CPO Acuras in the past. Nice in many ways, but design flaws required transmission replacement for me, and endless trips back for recalls for her.
Yep, the weak points in Honda's and Acuras for the last 10 years have been their CV joints and transmissions. Just had our 2004 Accord V6 EX trans rebuilt last fall at 185k. The trans shop I used in Buford specializes in nothing but Honda and Acuras and he said I got 30k-40k more miles out of our trans than most. Likely due to me changing trans fluid regularly.

I love Honda design & engineering and have owned some ultra-reliable ones in the past, but after seeing transmissions fail in my car and 3 other friends' over the last 5 years, my vote goes to Toyota/Lexus (no I don't own one....yet).

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I was looking at SUVs and ended up in a 4Runner. Everything else was just kind of meh. At least the 4Runner holds value pretty good :/
Cousin just bought a new T4R. Said it wasn't worth shopping used because resale was so high. At least he got what he wanted and in the color he wanted.

Reactions: VME
Cousin just bought a new T4R. Said it wasn't worth shopping used because resale was so high. At least he got what he wanted and in the color he wanted.

Yup, I went new as well. Got a really good price at the toyota place in Augusta. It was only maybe $1-2k more than used.

Yup, I went new as well. Got a really good price at the toyota place in Augusta. It was only maybe $1-2k more than used.

If you’re getting a Toyota or Honda get a new one
If you’re getting used , the fords Chevys and dodges drop like a rock in value so good deals can be had on used ones

I sold my CUCV and took that cash and y 2005 Kia Sorrento and traded for a2917 Sorrento AWD and it suits the needs of a 4 wheel drive and something to pull a camper. The100K warranty and all the extras on the Kia's are great. This is my 6th Kia, (3rd Sorrento) so I highly recommend them for reliability and performance the 2017 has 290 hp. and is a beast.

Back
Top Bottom