• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a midsize SUV/ Crossover

I recently got a 2015 Honda CR-V. Used, mint condition, low miles.
Gets 35 mph highway, and it's AWD. Although 90% of them out there are just front wheel drive only.
The AWD isn't like 4WD-- I got it stuck just doing a 3 point turn off a forest service road, when I backed into an uneven lumpy area. The two tires that had the least traction started spinning (one front axle, one back, diagonal to each other) and the two tires that were pressed down hard to the ground didn't get any torque.

BUT... my vehicle is the right size, is user-friendly, has a better view of the road than a car, has better ground clearance than a passenger car, and should last a long, long time.

I paid $14,500 for it, used. New ones are in the high 20s.

I recently got a 2015 Honda CR-V. Used, mint condition, low miles.
Gets 35 mph highway, and it's AWD. Although 90% of them out there are just front wheel drive only.
The AWD isn't like 4WD-- I got it stuck just doing a 3 point turn off a forest service road, when I backed into an uneven lumpy area. The two tires that had the least traction started spinning (one front axle, one back, diagonal to each other) and the two tires that were pressed down hard to the ground didn't get any torque.

BUT... my vehicle is the right size, is user-friendly, has a better view of the road than a car, has better ground clearance than a passenger car, and should last a long, long time.

I paid $14,500 for it, used. New ones are in the high 20s.

4wd vehicles are the same way

One tire on each axle loses traction and you’re stuck

Unless one or both axles are equipped with a locking differential

4 runners have had an optional locking differential since 1996
And it really makes a difference when you get in a twist

F6D044CA-E54D-4CF7-A46E-42BB131A55DE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom