• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a new career !!

Depending of your age and your marital status, changed a carrier can be a suicidal move. I mean, very difficult and stressful. - Because wherever you go, You will start from the ground bottom...

You're a great Man my Friend. How about applying for local Cities Police, or even other Counties Sheriff Department? You do have experience, since you served at Cherokee County. - The other day I saw a sign nearby my job in Norcross that Gwinnett County Police were hiring. Check them out!!!

Any way, may The LORD give you wisdom to take the right route, that will be good for you and your Family!

Thanks brother! Appreciate it! . I got my eyes open :cool2:

Go back to school and apply for an RN program when you have completed all your core courses and prerequisites. ( Word of caution though, don't waste your your time applying if your GPA is less than a 3.8.) Nursing school is a total beoch, but if you graduate and pass your boards you are pretty much guaranteed a good paying job for life; male nurses are especially desirable. Get a couple years experience in a specialty then go agency and become a "traveler", they make bank.
along the way pick up an emt/aemt/paramedic certificate

without some certs you can’t work in the field

Hi! First questions are how old are you? And can you go on the road or are you wired to the house?

Either may influence your choices.

I would check with the railroad. They have big jobs and big pay with a retirement. They will not put you on the job without some training.

i would check the navy shipyard. They occasionally have recruitment and offer a laundry list of occupations. Again paid training is included.

Someone mentioned the paid CAT training.

If you are young enough the military is an option. If you have a bachelors degree. They treat officers better than enlisted. In either case, training is included.

I was an aircraft mechanic. 18 months of training gets you guaranteed work.

For a similar paycheck, buying CDL license and the willingness to stay on the road will get you pay by the mile. You only can drive like 8 hours a day, and you get paid by the mile, and you’ll almost never be home. And consider that the driverless technologies will eventually cost you your job.

I’m sure there is other stuff out there. Apprenticing as an electrician or air conditioning tech would set you up to make bank over the long haul.

Thanks for the help bud! Opened my directions a bit. Im 25 and live in Rome , Ga.

There is a guy on here and they are sponsors for ODT.

Yancy Bros

Goodafternoon my fellow patriots!

currently looking for a new career. looking for a sales job , driver , medical , office job. Open to see if anyone has a good paying job , benefits etc.
If you want something to invest in as long term with a great career, try the building trades. Specifically local 72. I was in local 85 sheet metal worker for 12 years. I can’t say I agree with how unions are run these days. But the ojt you get and the guys you’ll meet is an incredible resource. Not to mention the knowledge would lead to a very lucrative side gig. I said go local 72 because you’d get into hvac service and controls that way. That is the most lucrative of them all. Hvac isn’t going anywhere and the knowledge of controls and swapping/troubleshooting units is invaluable. That being said, it’s a 5 year school program that can be daunting and take a bunch of your personal time. But if you are looking for a career that will pay off…that’s what I tell youngins today.

Back
Top Bottom