• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a Phantom 3 or 4 Drone

KBD431

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
I have been bitten by the Drone bug but not sure if this is a one and done interest or a new hobby that will last for years. I am looking to rent a drone for a week and try and answer that question. If you have a Phantom 3 or 4 or similar Drone that you bought and find yourself not using it much why not rent it to me for a week.

I have a good trading record and would be willing to leave a large deposit, pay for any damage, etc.

If you have one in the closet and want to see it drop a hundred bucks into your lap just shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Kevin

I have been bitten by the Drone bug but not sure if this is a one and done interest or a new hobby that will last for years. I am looking to rent a drone for a week and try and answer that question. If you have a Phantom 3 or 4 or similar Drone that you bought and find yourself not using it much why not rent it to me for a week.

I have a good trading record and would be willing to leave a large deposit, pay for any damage, etc.

If you have one in the closet and want to see it drop a hundred bucks into your lap just shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Kevin
If you rent a Phantom 3 or 4 you will definitely want one so save your $100 and go ahead and buy one. I've got a Phantom 3 and love it. They are a blast and take excellent photos and videos. The 3 is all you need.

The mavik (?) is more portable. The p4 pro has side and back sensors. I have the p4 and still glad I own it.
Although it limits you go by a hobby shop and try the simulator.
If you've flown remotes the new ones are all but 100% edit proof
Oh, to "rent" mine it'd take a desert 50 with 2 boxes of ammo as collateral.....but no guarantee on ammo return...lol.

You're not too far, we could meet and try it out though.

Thanks for the replies but I have read so many stories that vary from "used it once" to "can't put it down" that I really want to rent one and use it on a vacation for a few days. I know they have several places online that do that but I would rather give my money to someone on this board.

Still looking.

I just picked up the Phantom 4 @ Best Buy in Acworth last weekend. They will price match B&H Photo so out the door with tax you will pay 980.00. Not a bad deal considering they retail there for $1,199.00 before tax.

I would recommend buying at least 1 if not 2-3 extra batteries. I have a total of 4 and it will keep you flying over an hour. Also when you buy extra batteries get the new Phantom 4 PRO batteries. They are more improved lithium ion batteries than the regular Phantom 4 batteries and hold a charge longer.

Never flown a Drone before this one and can't put it down now! Easy to fly and takes great video and pictures.

If you are ever in the Calhoun GA area hit me up i'll let you fly her.

I have done a ton of research on both the Mavic and the Phantom 4 Pro...The pro has distance sensors on all four sides. Which means you won't run into a tree or wire..When the time is right that is what I am going to pick up.

I have done a ton of research on both the Mavic and the Phantom 4 Pro...The pro has distance sensors on all four sides. Which means you won't run into a tree or wire..When the time is right that is what I am going to pick up.

The Phantom 4 has the same features with the sensors and flight control. There are several small differences with the main difference being the upgrade in camera quality. I could not see paying the extra for the small difference in camera quality.

Just throwing that out there if you want to save yourself about 600 dollars. You'll need it to buy extra batteries!!

Back
Top Bottom