• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a place to shoot long range on private land

Suppressors. Use 'em.

Shoot from inside your Tahoe or Suburban. Dark tinted windows.
Just open the rear window halfway. Have all the other glass rolled-up. What they don't know won't bother them.

;)

I say we settle this with a DANCE OFF

giphy.gif

I've worked the pits, pulling and pasting targets at 600 yard rifle matches a number of times.
The F-class rifle shooters who use bipods and high-magnification scopes can get 5" groups at 600 yards.
That's a full 10-shot group, though. I'm sure if they fired 9 shots in 3-shot groups each on its own paper target, at least one of those groups would be only 2". That's 0.33 M.O.A. But it's also dependent on good luck, because it's not likely that somebody would get groups of that size regularly and repeatably.

I'm more interested in practical rifle accuracy-- not what you managed to pull off once, or what you can achieve once in a while when everything goes just right, but what you can do on short notice when the need arises, with great confidence that you'll make the shot.

1/2 inch at 1900 yards? that is awesome...and pretty scarce.
If that were me, I would be in some national competitions, with major sponsors..going to the shot show, and elk hunts on TV instead of digging a ditch, or whatever...

if you find a place I will buddy up with you. I have a Savage Stealth in 6.5 that does half inch groups at 1900 yards but no place to go enjoy it.
if you find a place I will buddy up with you. I have a Savage Stealth in 6.5 that does half inch groups at 1900 yards but no place to go enjoy it.
It must be a 6.5 creedmore for it to shoot that good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-22-18-25-45-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-22-18-25-45-1.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 14
I've worked the pits, pulling and pasting targets at 600 yard rifle matches a number of times.
The F-class rifle shooters who use bipods and high-magnification scopes can get 5" groups at 600 yards.
That's a full 10-shot group, though. I'm sure if they fired 9 shots in 3-shot groups each on its own paper target, at least one of those groups would be only 2". That's 0.33 M.O.A. But it's also dependent on good luck, because it's not likely that somebody would get groups of that size regularly and repeatably.

I'm more interested in practical rifle accuracy-- not what you managed to pull off once, or what you can achieve once in a while when everything goes just right, but what you can do on short notice when the need arises, with great confidence that you'll make the shot.

Back
Top Bottom