• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a range toy...

New .50 beowulf upper will be in today.
236586a4f7f598dfad16c8fba1ab46b9.jpg

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Decided to go a different route, Ive found complete upper receivers for my ar chambered in .350 bushmaster, .458 socom, and .50 beowulf. There all at a similar price. Just trying to make my mind up on which one I want.

I was in the same boat a while back. I chose 458 socom over 450 bushmaster but I wish I had not.

In the last year, 450 bushy seems to have gotten cheaper with Hornady and some others jumping into the market while 458 has gone up in price. 450 is legal for hunting in some Midwest states which require a straight wall cartridge. 458 is not.

I would go 450 (because of price / availability) even though both rounds are similar.

Or...you could wait and see how this 350 legend round plays out.

I was in the same boat a while back. I chose 458 socom over 450 bushmaster but I wish I had not.

In the last year, 450 bushy seems to have gotten cheaper with Hornady and some others jumping into the market while 458 has gone up in price. 450 is legal for hunting in some Midwest states which require a straight wall cartridge. 458 is not.

I would go 450 (because of price / availability) even though both rounds are similar.

Or...you could wait and see how this 350 legend round plays out.
Im thinking about picking up one of the ruger american ranch rifles chambered in .450. I have one in 7.62x39, makes for a nice handy package.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Received my 12.7 x42 mm (aka .50 beowulf) upper from Bear Creek Arsenal yesterday, so far I'm very pleased with the quality vs price. Its a side charging upper with 16 inch barrel, the barrel extension is machined with one large feed ramp to accommodate the larger than average cartridge. Shipping was quick, ordered on Monday at lunch time and had it in hand Friday. Took it out and fired ten rounds with no problems whatsoever. It will get more of a workout once I finish gathering the supplies to reload this caliber, I ordered the dies Friday. Price shipped was $281, they sometimes have them with a standard upper receiver for $229 before shipping.
0824191849.jpg

Back
Top Bottom