• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a small deer hunting club

AustinR

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
Hey, I’m looking for a hunting club near or around Fayette, Coweta, Meriwether, Pike, upson and maybe a little further out than that. It doesn’t have to be a big club and can even be a privately owned smaller parcel of land. If you have or know of somewhere available. Please reach me at rowlandaustin@gmail.com or call/text me. 678-416-1360

The price of good clubs down my way in Harris can approach and reach 4 to 5 grand. The cheapest are about 2500. 30 minutes farther south and the price is half. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, a camper and a more rural membership may be more economical if you can go for 2 or 3 days at the time. If I didn’t hunt my own place, I’d just buy a cow every year.

What part of Coweta do you live in? Depending on what siide of the county your in, you may be able to gain permission still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The price of good clubs down my way in Harris can approach and reach 4 to 5 grand. The cheapest are about 2500. 30 minutes farther south and the price is half. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, a camper and a more rural membership may be more economical if you can go for 2 or 3 days at the time. If I didn’t hunt my own place, I’d just buy a cow every year.
After 3-4K and all the time and money from one season, you could take that $5000 or more and do a lot with it. I think you’ll see lots of availability for the 2023-24 season with this administrations trajectory.

It’s insane for the price of membership. That’s why right now I’m looking for land to buy. Sometimes all it takes is a small piece of land to have good hunting. One of my favorite places I’ve ever had to hunt was only 30 acres and it was loaded with deer and turkey. Meth heads too but we just had to overlook that.

No one ever considers public land. Specifically National Forest land other than WMAs. If you're willing to walk a half mile into the woods you're alone 95% of the time. Great hunting. You just need to be in good enough shape to get the deer out.

No one ever considers public land. Specifically National Forest land other than WMAs. If you're willing to walk a half mile into the woods you're alone 95% of the time. Great hunting. You just need to be in good enough shape to get the deer out.
Spoilage could be a problem for field dressed deer if you couldn’t get them out pretty quickly when it’s hot. As a younger man deep in the woods in hot weather, I took a light, well built semi-soft sided cooler with a sturdy strap, a small pop up blind, paracord, and some frozen water bottles. You can leave the skin and guts where they fall on public land. If it is one that would get mounted, they got gutted and drug though.

Back
Top Bottom