• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a small(ish) EDC automatic knife.

GaMudd

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
G44L
28   0
Reaction score
I normally carry a Benchmade Presidio, but it is too heavy when I wear shorts or go without a belt. I bought a Benchmade Mini Barage, which is an Assisted Opening knife, but it is a pain to open when I am wearing gloves. I would like to find an auto knife with about a 3", preferably drop point, non serrated blade.
Yes, I know I could spend the afternoon Googling it, but I am hoping someone here can help me zero in on some options.
Suggestions? Thanks.

I looked at the CLA, but I really want the blade to be less than 3". And not black, just the satin color. The wave thingy looks good, but I don't see that option in a smaller knife.
Benchmade used to make the Presidio in a mini version with a 3" blade and satin finish, but it has been discontinued. now all they have are black blades or serrated blades.
Sucks to be picky.

I looked at the CLA, but I really want the blade to be less than 3". And not black, just the satin color. The wave thingy looks good, but I don't see that option in a smaller knife.
Benchmade used to make the Presidio in a mini version with a 3" blade and satin finish, but it has been discontinued. now all they have are black blades or serrated blades.
Sucks to be picky.

3" an absolute deal breaker? otherwise, look at the UTX-85. I have beat the hell out of various Microtechs for years and had zero issues.

I know you said auto, but I have carried or used more knives than I can remember. What I really like now is a knive with the wave feature. With practice just pull the knive out and it is opened. No buttons, dpsafety or anything else to think about. Or maybe a small fixed blade
This

Protech SBR sounds up your alley. They come in various color/blade combos. They're pretty popular, so catching them in stock can sometimes be a chore:

Back
Top Bottom