• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a small(ish) EDC automatic knife.

Hey OP, check out a Kershaw Launch 11. I handled one today, it’s exactly what you’re looking for.
I’m thinking that with gloves the Launch with that small button would be a problem. OP have you considered one of KerShaw’s speed safe flippers?
I like my Launch, but I can’t imagine it with gloves.

I’ve been carrying a Kershaw Ken Onion Leek for going on 12 years. It’s an outstanding knife and can be open and closed one handed, even wearing normal gloves.

1653789553274.jpeg

gentleman, what is this "wave feature" you speak of?
Emerson originall designed it. It is the small hook like cut out on top of the blade. With practice the hook catches the back area of your pants pocket and opens the blade as you remove the knife. Emerson’s design is smaller than Spydercos

I know you said auto, but I have carried or used more knives than I can remember. What I really like now is a knive with the wave feature. With practice just pull the knive out and it is opened. No buttons, dpsafety or anything else to think about. Or maybe a small fixed blade
I have never heard of that feature.

Thanks for sharing I didn’t realize I needed a new knife until I read your post.
Haha

Benchmade 2550 Mini Reflex. 3.16" matte satin drop point blade, plain edge, black aluminum body.

Hard to find, but not impossible.

They have a 2551, a MR II version. Not sure what changed.

That^^^^looks like a good option.
I see that Benchmade had a Mini Presidio auto in 2018 , but it has been discontinued. I may pursue a mini reflex while I hunt for a used MIni Presidio.

I know you said auto, but I have carried or used more knives than I can remember. What I really like now is a knive with the wave feature. With practice just pull the knive out and it is opened. No buttons, dpsafety or anything else to think about. Or maybe a small fixed blade
A guy I do some work with had one I forgot what it was called but it was super cool you never know when you'll be holding something and only have one hand to work with lol

Back
Top Bottom