• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

looking for a steel supplier

the_great_white

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
122   0
Reaction score
anyone know of one around douglasville-ish? looking for some square for a project i'm working on here at the house, trying to build a firewood rack.

Thanks!

iu

Subscribed.
I've been looking for some 6" or 8" square tube myself for a while to build a rocket stove but I haven't found any I was willing to afford yet. Especially for an experiment.LOL

If you don't mind pilfering through a bunch of junk(which is fun in my opinion) these 2 places are pretty cool. My grandfather and I would go to Mid-South on Saturdays when I was a kid and spend half a day digging through junk. You never knew what you would find.

Mid-South Supply Co
1625 Veterans Memorial Hwy SE, Mableton, GA 30126
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM
Phone: (404) 696-696

https://www.repurposedmaterialsinc.com/

We have been using Gem City Steel for misc. items we need on our project, they are located in Marietta though. 9 times out of 10 they were able to get the materials faster than our subcontractor and cheaper (no GCs or PM mark up).
Angle, Tubes, Grating, Sheet Metal...

Edit:
While I was working as a PM for a subcontracor we used Metal Specialties Inc in Austell, Ga. We mainly had them fab some base plates for what we needed, but they often kept stock on just about anything you could need, or they could make it.

Back
Top Bottom