• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for an outdoor range near Woodstock

16   0
Reaction score
Hey All!

Been a while since I’ve been on the site and have bought a house in Woodstock during that time. Looking for outdoor ranges near Woodstock to take the rifles out. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

-AimSmallMissSmall

Thanks, Spas-12. Looks like that’s only 45 min from me to get to Riverbend. I’ll check it out soon.

Bear in mind it's a private range. I looked on the calendar and don't see any public days available. There used to be one or two days a month the public could come shoot. (I think Covid knocked that out) Come up to the new member orientation on May 22nd and see it all. Excellent people and facilities.

Living in Smyrna/Cobb co my whole life, my dad & I used to shoot on Cooper Lake at Nickajack Creek. There were some of the best woods ! I spent a few decades back there - shooting, riding motorcycles, 4-wheeling, fishing, turtle hunting/trapping….never a shortage of boy stuff and even plenty to keep the girls busy too !! LOLz
I miss those woods.
Before that in the late 70’s early 80’s he used to take me off Atlanta Road at Ridge Road about a mile from the house. There is a nice cliff- bank there where Ridge Rd run ….made perfect place to shoot ! Then they up and built a landscape company there. Thats when we moved to Cooper Lake at Nickajack to shoot.

Now its over an hour to find someplace to shoot unless its a paid indoor range or some BS
Aint like it used to be!

I go to the Ga Gun Club. They have a 100 yd indoor range. Outdoor Range does sound a bit more appealing. Any outdoor ranges Loganville/Grayson/Monroe areas?

Did there not used to be a WMA range up 75 somewhere ??
It has been years but i have shot up there before….

That's John's mountain WMA I mentioned earlier.
I thought so ! Like i said , it has been a minute since i was up there…could not remember.

(Then again, this “memory” crap and these recent seizures dont mix….i am losing track of stuff that my daughter and wife both are scratching their head over)

Back
Top Bottom