• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for Black bear hunting tips in north Ga.

Its on my bucket list also and I'm getting to the point where I need to make it happen or forget about it. Age wise.I can't find anybody to go with me and the wife don't want me in the mountains by myself. Plus I couldn't get one out by myself either.
My buddy just bought 15 acres that borders Swallow creek and we have been up there working on his place after he had the road system put in and put some cameras out. Hope we get some pics. It's hard hunting up there for us older people.
REMMY, you crack me up you are still green behind the ears in age compared to me, you are just a young "BUCK", you make me laugh...

f72c1f3712622fc7b11fa5dddd37c951.jpg

Hit them with a brand new Ram 2500 truck at 60 mph.

That’s how I got this one Wednesday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bet that was a very expensive "BEAR HUNTING TRIP"...

I have several bears on my farm north of Dahlonega.
I only see them in daytime in spring when they really hungry and fattening up.
They seem to be almost exclusively nocturnal during fall.

You want to let a friendly neighbor come and bow hunt for those bears on your property? Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask! Thanks,
Grant Thompson

Have a bunch of friends willing to help get it out. Bear hunting isn’t something you do alone unless you’re hunting uphill from the truck with a deer cart. And if you do shoot a big one you’ll still need people.

I have no desire to shoot a bear after dragging deer for 30 years.
You’ll need at least 6 guys if you get a big one.
If you’re in deep in the mountains and you get one you’ll be hating life.

I know of several good bear spots in the mountains and have seen a record monster in suches .
I’ve also seen them dead of winter on the move cause our winters aren’t all that cold.

I’ve got some from time to time on my property that borders chestatee wma.

I’ve seen their dens also and they don’t just hang out near water.

I have no desire to shoot a bear after dragging deer for 30 years.
You’ll need at least 6 guys if you get a big one.
If you’re in deep in the mountains and you get one you’ll be hating life.

I know of several good bear spots in the mountains and have seen a record monster in suches .
I’ve also seen them dead of winter on the move cause our winters aren’t all that cold.

I’ve got some from time to time on my property that borders chestatee wma.

I’ve seen their dens also and they don’t just hang out near water.

You have to cut them up and pack them out if you are deep, if you have 6 friends that will help you, you will be short 6 friends by the time you drag a whole bear out. a jump start and a power winch will get them up a mountain by yourself, if you are not to deep where you run the jump start down. And you can always go to town and hire some Mexican's ... or crack hoe's I here they will do anything for $20.00

You have to cut them up and pack them out if you are deep, if you have 6 friends that will help you, you will be short 6 friends by the time you drag a whole bear out. a jump start and a power winch will get them up a mountain by yourself, if you are not to deep where you run the jump start down. And you can always go to town and hire some Mexican's ... or crack hoe's I here they will do anything for $20.00

Oh yeah.
We winched one out once.
Never again man.
No desire....haha.

Plus I dont want no crack ho’s knowing where my hunting spots are...haha.

When the leaves come off the bears live in laurel thickets up in the mountains. Usually in very steep places. I have seen as many as 7 bears come out of one laurel thicket one behind the other all from 200 to 400 lbs. I live up in north ga and have got to watch a ton of bears in these mountains.

Back
Top Bottom