Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
80   0
Reaction score
Looking for gunsmith that will be able to

1. Install night sights and apex flatty trigger on my M&P 2.0 compact

2. Install CJW pro-package on my P07

Please let me know of any gunsmiths you guys recommend in the Atlanta area

Same here on my 2.0 compact but I’m in the dekalb atlanta area. Cji guns was closed and no one answered the phone. Main Street guns can’t do it, and I’m waiting back in David’s gun room as their gunsmith wasn’t there when I called. Gonna check out ga firing line

Same here on my 2.0 compact but I’m in the dekalb atlanta area. Cji guns was closed and no one answered the phone. Main Street guns can’t do it, and I’m waiting back in David’s gun room as their gunsmith wasn’t there when I called. Gonna check out ga firing line

Let me know what you find out. Gunsmith at sharpshooter usa in Alpharetta gave me a good rate with a fast turnaround time estimate

Tell Andy his buddy “Lizzie B” sent you.
b07203e680139dc18c39ced2371f8a26.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know what you find out. Gunsmith at sharpshooter usa in Alpharetta gave me a good rate with a fast turnaround time estimate

Good to hear - I’ll give them a ring as well. I’ve installed a bunch of Glock stuff and have the tools to install my night sights but have always had gunsmiths install my triggers. Pretty surprised that so few gunsmiths are around compared to the amount of gun shops

Good to hear - I’ll give them a ring as well. I’ve installed a bunch of Glock stuff and have the tools to install my night sights but have always had gunsmiths install my triggers. Pretty surprised that so few gunsmiths are around compared to the amount of gun shops

“YouTube Gunsmiths”, licensing, and general BRAVO SIERRA has driven most (me
Included) out of the market. You can only have so many Jennings, Marlin 60’s, and “Granddaddies” Hi Standard Revolver brought in by owners who think it shouldn’t cost more than $30 to fix. The few that are left, that actually went to a credible school and actually do quality gunsmithing and not part swapping, are few and far between.

“YouTube Gunsmiths”, licensing, and general BRAVO SIERRA has driven most (me
Included) out of the market. You can only have so many Jennings, Marlin 60’s, and “Granddaddies” Hi Standard Revolver brought in by owners who think it shouldn’t cost more than $30 to fix. The few that are left, that actually went to a credible school and actually do quality gunsmithing and not part swapping, are few and far between.

I totally understand. A few years back I inherited a smith and Wesson 39-2 and took it to a gunsmith in Lawrenceville who asked me if I had a budget. I told him my grandfather owned it and I wanted to make sure it was range ready and rust free - to me it was priceless so I paid what he asked, no questions or complaints. Sometimes its not about cost but these days it just seems that everyone looks at that first before making their decision..

I totally understand. A few years back I inherited a smith and Wesson 39-2 and took it to a gunsmith in Lawrenceville who asked me if I had a budget. I told him my grandfather owned it and I wanted to make sure it was range ready and rust free - to me it was priceless so I paid what he asked, no questions or complaints. Sometimes its not about cost but these days it just seems that everyone looks at that first before making their decision..

I always tried to be honest and upfront as well. Now, I do it for free when it’s something fun or unique. Heck... it’s almost a full time job working on my kids guns.

Back
Top Bottom