• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for career! Decided I want construction or tree climbing!

I own a small construction company and can tell you that both those careers are bad long term choices, unless you become the boss. If you have your drivers license and reliable transportation you are extremely employable for any of those jobs. Have you considered enlisting in the military while you figure out what you want to do?

Ive seen some of your posts. Looks like your just reaching for anything. Climbing trees aint for everyone. An apprenticeship of some sort would do you well. In 4 to 5 years u can be making over $30 hr. Most are hiring right now. You can go to work tomorrow

yeah I’ve applied to so many jobs office, pest control, construction jobs that are like office jobs kinda, and none have so far given me a call back so kinda am really just trying to hop on something quick for the time being kinda

climbing trees YIKES.
Hope you're 5'5" or smaller and under 140 lbs.
You don't typically see average or above average size folks climbing.
and that is one hell of a dangerous job. No thanks. Life is TOO short for that kinda stuff. When you get older, you'll understand. I won't even get on a ladder over 6' now. Too many risks. I'll pay a 24 year old to do it. LOL

I still think HVAC or a plumber is the way to go. Start off with a lower hourly, yeah, you're young so you have to start somewhere ---- but in 4 years, you can get your own license and run the show.

Believe me, 4 years is NOTHING in the grand scheme of things....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you're 24 now, you'll be 28 then. And likely another 40 years of working. I don't see many guys over 40 in the trees. I don't see many 40 year old dudes doing hard labor w/construction either. (exceptions to the rule of course).

But what the (blank) do I know. I'm 45 and doing well. But could have been doing SOOOO much better had I known a few more things.

Your very right sir. Kinda just exhausted for looking for my new career I’ve gone through some interviews and phone call interviews because of the whole pandemic and I haven’t gotten lucky so far with landing a job sadly. Hopefully I can land a new career soon where I have benefits and retirement cause time sure does fly do

yeah I’ve applied to so many jobs office, pest control, construction jobs that are like office jobs kinda, and none have so far given me a call back so kinda am really just trying to hop on something quick for the time being kinda
https://www.ibew613.org/home/contact

I don’t know if there are any middle aged tree climbers. I don’t think it is a long time career. THe tree business is a money maker if you’re the owner and have paid off equipment. Learn a trade and you’ll always have work. Che k out HVAC

Ive done these jobs youre talking about. They don't pay nearly enough for the constant danger youre put in, i don't care what anybody says. Sure its fun when you're 22, but you won't be forever.

Your best bet if youre dead set on construction is to get some skills, join the union, and start building movie sets. After you get in the union id be glad to try to help.

I can't believe I even responded to this. Same **** everyone else said....

Back
Top Bottom