• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

looking for fuel economy info on the new 6.6 liter Chevy gas (not the Duramax diesel) engine

The new generation diesels scare me with their emission nonsense and super expensive repair bills (Injector pumps, injectors, particle filter, emission, etc). And fact that they can shut down and go into "limp mode" and be useless.
I have a 5.9 cummins before the emission crap.
I've had the 6.0 liter chevy gas. Decent towing for medium loads, but mpg was blah.

Pick your poison IMO.

I too looked (online) about the 6.6 gas, but didn't see many dealers "dealing" with prices. Personally if I buy new, it has to be a good deal. Tried the Ford F150 and every stupid local dealer wanted to upcharge a bunch of nonsense extras. WTH ! Really. Gave up on Ford for now.

It's not uncommon to see road tractorss and hot shots over 1 million miles. QUOTE]

A Million miles is NOT common.
Sorry..Cant say there aren't any out there..but its NOT common.

Most Big rigs don't get past the 350-500,000 mileage anymore without needing some seriously expensive work.
Mostly its the DEF/Regen systems that start to default and fail and its ALOT of trouble.

And a Hot shot at a Million miles common?..Nope

A Million miles is NOT common.
Sorry..Cant say there aren't any out there..but its NOT common.

Most Big rigs don't get past the 350-500,000 mileage anymore without needing some seriously expensive work.
Mostly its the DEF/Regen systems that start to default and fail and its ALOT of trouble.

And a Hot shot at a Million miles common?..Nope

Yes . You should get out more . Probably 50% of new big trucks are glider kits. Old motor new cab so they don't need emissions. I'm on Cumminsforum and igotacummins. It's amazing what you see there and at the local cattle barns with all the haulers

Delete Kits yup. They do.
However, that voids the warranty - FACT.
and there are many reports of the friendly EPA starting to crack down on folks that produce the kits. Next could be consumers.

Depends on dealer on the void part. A local dealer to me does work on deleted trucks all the time and even encourage buyers to delete

Back
Top Bottom