• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for Mechanical Cad Designer

AceTracker

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
30   2
Reaction score
I want to write a cad file for use on a CNC machine. Anyone here that may have an interested or suggestions or who may take a project like to on?
Ace Tracker

It can but I have the least bit of knowledge of how to create the product I want to work on, from mu understanding and research it would take someone with multi years of experience to create the shape and design of the project. Not just a typical cad user drawing houses, or other. I think I need more of a mechanical/industrial type person with extensive knowledge of G code and experience in beveling etc.

SEnd me your phone number, I can draw it in cad and program the g code at work using mastercam. Or if you get someone to draw in solid works I can import as a stp file and program from it.
You can also export it as a .dfx file, copy the AutoCAD script, paste into an excel comma delimited file, (not necessary if only a few commas) paste it into a note pad, add the g-code, and change file type from .txt to .scr file. Mind the tool offset and make sure that the tool is not in the workpiece before a :fast move".

There are also .dfx to g-code converters, and CNC simulators. 3 axis g-code is like learning a language with only 40 words, 30 of which most will never use. Simple, but very unforgiving if a mistake is made.

I apologize. I did a double check, fusion is free if you are an inventor or student. And theur phone app is off the chain

Back
Top Bottom