Votes: 4 7.8%
  • XDs

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Tacos

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
Went by my LGS. Fondled all of the guns mentioned in this thread. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a no manual safety M&P Shield, plus an extra mag for a buck, and plus the rebate on top. Thanks for all of the advice guys. It is greatly appreciated.

Well played sir, well played!

Went by my LGS. Fondled all of the guns mentioned in this thread. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a no manual safety M&P Shield, plus an extra mag for a buck, and plus the rebate on top. Thanks for all of the advice guys. It is greatly appreciated.

you won't be disappointed

I spent about 3 months trying out several guns when I was looking for my first carry gun. I tried all of them on your list except the Glock 43. It hadn't come out yet. I hated the exaggerated texture of the XDS grip. The LC9S was a bit snappy. I finally narrowed it down to an M&P Shield or a Walther PPS. I found a PPS here on ODT for the same price as a Shield at the time. Since I shot just a tad bit better with the PPS, I got it. It was a great little carry gun. However, after market support for it is minimal. Also, if you are looking at the original one, not the M2 model, that rail is absolutely useless. I tried to mount a TruGlo Micro-Tac laser on it, and it squeezed the polymer frame enough to prevent the slide from operating properly, even with the laser tightened just enough to barely keep it on the rail. If I were to do it again, I'd probably get a Shield. In fact, my wife just picked up a Shield as her carry gun. I made the mistake of handling a CZ, and now that's what I carry.

Neighbor has the XDs, I like my XD mod 2 4" trigger.. but that thing sucks.. I much prefer the trigger on a shield. If I was going to get a new sub compact right now it would be between a P320 sub, Shield, and an officer sized 1911

Back
Top Bottom