• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for Public Safety Officers in Jasper

GAK9

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
I have 2 full time and 3 PRN (as needed) openings. Applicants must have either 1 year of security, law enforcement, or military experience to qualify.
Full time officers get full benefits, health, dental, vision, retirement with a 6% matching contribution after 1 year. Full time is 36 hours per week with 12 hour shifts, so you only work 3 days per week and are off 4. PRN officers often get more than 30 hours per week, but are only guaranteed 12 hours per week.
Pay is determined by HR and based on experience. The more experience in one of the above fields, the higher the starting pay. I can tell you this, several of my officers make more than many police officers in the area.
All equipment is furnished. We carry the new Taser 7 among other defensive weapons and wear Axon body cameras. We wear SafeLife Defense threat level IIIA body armor, which is bullet, slash, and stab resistant. You only have to provide pants and boots.

PM me for more information.

I've never heard of a public safety officer. Is that a hybrid thing in between sworn POST-certified LEO and private security guards who work for a guard service company?

I've never heard of a public safety officer. Is that a hybrid thing in between sworn POST-certified LEO and private security guards who work for a guard service company?
Public Safety Officer is the title chosen to differentiate between what we do and basic security guards. We are propriety employees of the business rather than contract security guards such as Allied Security. While the vast majority of us have significant LEO experience, not all do. Most are GA POST certified, but we have some from out of state as well.

Duties and any age restrictions?
Patrolling business (which I can tell you more in a PM) property, keeping staff and visitors safe. No age restrictions as long as you can do the job safely. One of my hardest working officers is 70 and runs several miles per day. You must be able to handle and certify with a Taser 7 and an ASP baton. We do not carry pepper spray or firearms at this time. Firearms are in our future.

Hey, for those who have contacted me about these positions, please fill out an application asap. My recruiter is scheduling interviews for me this week. We are trying to get these positions filled quickly.

Back
Top Bottom